Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting a belly band but I'm not sure it would work for me. Carrying IWB at 3:00 is very uncomfortable, I carry at 6:00 now and it's tolerable. I have to have my shirt tucked in for work. I've been carrying a Taurus 709, but I'm about to switch to a Glock 19. I drive about 1000 a week for work and it gets uncomfortable at 6:00. It's fine when I'm standing. If I tried to carry the Glock that way I don't think I would be able to stand it. I've thought about a shoulder harness for the fall and winter when I can wear a vest and not stick out. It was 97 here today so no vest for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I'd look at a kangaroo carry or pistolwear (maybe a smartcarry) over a traditional belly band.....though if you're set on a bellyband there are a LOT of them on the market, you'd want to try and find one that really breathes....sorry can't recommend a specific brand as I haven't tried any.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not set on a belly band. Just something under a tucked shirt

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Have you thought about pocket carry?

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
Use a Remora between seat and console while you're driving. Then put it in your holster when you exit the car. OWB is more comfy for "large folks".

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
I figure that if my gut shoves my pants down lower, they would be even lower with a belly band on top of them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Use a Remora between seat and console while you're driving. Then put it in your holster when you exit the car. OWB is more comfy for "large folks".
Yep but my shirt has to be tucked and I'm in sales and can't go in and out of customers offices with a gun on my hip.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I figure that if my gut shoves my pants down lower, they would be even lower with a belly band on top of them.
Good point and I bet they're hot as well. Fat and hot don't go together.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd look at a kangaroo carry or pistolwear (maybe a smartcarry) over a traditional belly band.....though if you're set on a bellyband there are a LOT of them on the market, you'd want to try and find one that really breathes....sorry can't recommend a specific brand as I haven't tried any.
That Kangaroo carry looks just what I'm looking for. Thanks

·
Registered
208 Posts
I am a fat *******, and because of the way I am built, I don't have much in the way of a belt line. I tried top of the line belts, and they always dug into my gut too much, and still would sag. Then I tried a galco belly band. Works awesome for me, comfortable, and holds up lots of weight without sagging. I used to carry a Shield, due to the light weight, but in the last month switched to the belly band, and now am able to carry a FS M&P with an extra 17 round reload with no problems. I have actually been still using a MTAC HYBRID holster, and slide it in between the belly band, so really just using the belly band as a belt. Holds it secure and tight against my side. It's weird but it works!

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
G17 05-13-2016a.jpg
G17 05-13-2016b.jpg
Bigfoot G17 -b.jpg

My main EDC Glock G17 gen, Appalachian Concealment Gladius (AIWB) and Bigfoot Gun Belt (5'6" @255#)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I have used the Kangaroo Carry; it would probably work for you. Another option (haven't tried it myself) is the Telor Tactical bellyband.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just got my Kangaroo in today. Put my Glock 19 in it. Feels good and my wife can't tell I have it on me. Real comfortable. I realize I'm giving up speed for comfort but if I kept carrying IWB I wouldn't have kept it up much longer, just wasn't comfortable. Now come fall when I can wear a vest without looking odd I'll change up again. Works for me so far.

I'll up date after a week or so.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Now that you've had the Kangaroo for a while, how is it working out for you?

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
Can you tuck your shirt?

No but I bet they make an AIWB that's tuckable

1 - 20 of 20 Posts