Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though most days will find me carrying some sort or another poly framed wonder gun, my preference for use for some relaxing times shooting is still the all metal (preferably steel) 9mm full size service or duty pistols. There are five from which I would have a difficult time determining a favorite, as I like all of these: Sig P226, CZ 75B, S&W 6906, Beretta 92FS, and Browning HP.

If I had to only pick one, I think at this moment I would pick the CZ 75B.

What would be your choice of a non-customized factory offering of a full size 9mm service pistol?

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
I've got an old Beretta 92S that shoots better than any of my modern 92FS or P226, and is an absolute joy to shoot. But I haven't shot my CZ75 yet.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I've got 7 full size 9mms, positively my favorite is my HK P30L that I converted from a V3 (DA/SA) to a V0 (Light LEM, spurred hammer, retaining the de-cock). It's a trigger variant that's only sold in Europe, but can be spliced together here. I also put a set of Trijicon HDs on it, and it's right now out at Lazy Wolf Guns getting a trigger job and reset reduction.

I don't know what it is, but I enjoy shooting this pistol more than I do my Les Baers or anything else I own.

Chuck

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
It's a toss up for me G-19 or Sig P-229! Both are winners although for EDC the G-19 wins due to weight reduction.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I have heard wonderful things about the CZ, but I have always wanted a 92FS, well at least going back to the days when saw the first Lethal Weapon movie. I still like the look of the Beretta 92 and I may own one some day, but it wouldn't be a carry gun for me.

·
Registered
80 Posts
...my preference for use for some relaxing times shooting...
I suggest the CZ75 for your intended purpose but I would also suggest a '75 clone at half the price with the same performance. I have a CZ75BD and a TriStar C100 (CZ75 Compact) and frankly, there isn't much difference between the guns blasting away at the range. TriStar markets several Turkish made CZ clones. With a 15+1 capacity, alloy frame and the CZ75 design, the C100 at 7.36" OAL is my preferred 9mm carry. The C100 in 380 Auto is the most accurate gun in my collection. Talk about range fun, this baby is it.

C100 in 9mm top, C100 in 380 Auto (no longer imported) bottom:
DSCN1648.jpg

·
Registered
343 Posts
Definitely a Sig! I have an M11-A1, which isn't really a full-size pistol, but after owning a number of other 9mm pistols the Sig is definitely top dog. I'm a 1911 guy, but if I have to go 9mm, it will be a Sig.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
I don't own a full size 9mm but do have a p320 40sw for carry and see no reason why a 9mm version would not be a great shooter ether . I do have a kimber 9mm ultra and a cm9 for pocket duty that's it in 9mm .

1 - 20 of 85 Posts