Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using Remington but have heard good things about Eeezox,Froglube,Break CLP,and Tetra. Would like to hear your expierence with lube/cleaner in one products. thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
I like slip 2000/2000 EWL for oil and super lube for grease.

Tetra grease just seemed to get thin and go away quickly, super lube doesnt. Plus its fairly cheap so a small tube will last a long, long time.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've had great luck with Froglube. Great lubricity, and has cut my cleanup time by over half. Great product.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
I generally clean with hoppes #9, and then go over the exterior, and any of the interior that I dont use grease on, with breakfree clp.

The contact or friction points, and trigger pivot point on the glocks I use regular autozone brand high temp auto GREASE on. See video below.

Proper Lubrication of an Auto Pistol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2LbUN2esXU

·
Registered
26 Posts
Break Free CLP ...I clean my guns right after every use

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Ballistol for me. This stuff rocks.

Reactions: wishyouwell

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
GunZilla.

Reactions: jbum

·
Registered
632 Posts
I was using "Machine Gunners Lube" from LaRue Tactical. Got it free with orders of times and liked it better than any of the stuff I'd been using.

I just recently got an AR upper receiver back from a gunsmith after some barrel work and he included a bottle of Slip 2000 EWL. I have been using it and am impressed.

It's gonna be a toss up when I run out of the free stuff and need to actually buy some. May go with Slip 2000 EWL just because I can get it locally.

·
Registered
11,232 Posts
TW-25B grease for lube

Gunzilla or good ol' Hoppes for cleaning

·
Registered
11,247 Posts
I have been using Extreme Weapons Lube but recently have started using Froglube. EWL works well, but don't have enough time on FrogLube yet to make a fair evaluation. You do need to heat the parts before applying FrogLube for it to work effectively.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I clean with Hoppe's #9. Then I apply grease (using SlideGlide right now) to the rails and the outside of the barrel. Ballistol goes everywhere else.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi-temp auto or wheel bearing grease. Grease is superior IMO because it will not drip off. Amazing lubricant that you can pick up for around 5 bucks at any Auto Zone, Advance Auto Parts, etc., and it will be enough to last your life.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I've recently gone over to FrogLube. I've done a detail strip of each pistol with the solvent, and then applied the CLP in place of "regular" oil/lube. I also did the "apply with heat" schtick on a 1911....and I find that on that particular pistol, carbon fouling wipes off as if it was still hot - even when I deliberately waited 24 hours between firing and cleaning to see if applying with heat makes a difference.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Hoppes to clean and trying out Lucas Gun Oil. So far no burn off and slick as a minnows................. ehh top lip :redface:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts