Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not see a thread for this. If there is one sorry. We have several Sigs, a Kimber, Colt, several ATI's, RIA, TC, 3 Taurus, S&W and 2 Caniks. I think three or four of them we have bought since I became a member of this forum. All of them I really enjoy shooting. But I have noticed the Caniks have become my favorites. We have the TP9SA and the TP9SFx. Those two are always in the range bag before we leave the house. They are comfortable, accurate, and as my bride puts it, "They Are A Joy To Shoot".
What are your favorites and why?

·
Registered
Pistoleer
496 Posts
My favorite type is an all metal autoloader that is DA+SA and uses a double stack magazine.

Of that type my favorite one is tied between the CZ-75 and Beretta 92.

Just below those two would be the SIG P226, S&W 4006 & 5906, Jericho 941, and EAA Witness.

·
Super Moderator
16,410 Posts
For semi-autos it is 1911s since that is my preferred carry as for revolvers it is a toss up between S&W or Colt.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
My favorites that I own.

Revolver - Ruger Sp101 2.25" DAO 357 magnum.

Semi auto - CZ75c 9mm.

Reason I like the Sp101 is because it's perfect for concealed carry while being hefty enough to enjoy shooting full house magnums and it will last a lifetime(s). It feels very well balanced in my hand and it is plenty accurate.

Reason I like the CZ is, it's not plastic and the grip feels like it was custom made for my hand. And it, like the SP101 will last a lifetime.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Currently:
Walther P99AS or SIG P226 in 357Sig for EDC.
LCP for Pocket carry.
Ruger MkII for target practice and training folks.
PPS for Summer EDC when printing is a challenge.
92S is my favorite to work on and tinker with.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
My favorite is my Browning Highpower 9mm. It is a pleasure to shoot and I can hit better with it than any of my other handguns.

·
Registered
917 Posts
The favorite meaning the most fun? Ruger MkII. I even had my hands on one with a Wichita rib on a 5" blue barrel on a stainless frame with an action job. Had another 10" and had the sides of the barrel slabbed. Before the Govt model came out, I had one with a 10" cut to 7". They were alot of fun and I used to enjoy dreaming up events for them at our club. I think they were the fastest and favorite class of handgun at our bowling pin matches.

There have really only been a few that weren't my favorite at the time. But then I even like shooting rubber bands off my fingers.

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
Walther PPS M2 hs no competition in my mind.

Reactions: SOS24

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
My favorites would be either my Dan wesson 1911 or Glock 34. Hard to say.

Reactions: OD*

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
My favorite is Glock 35 - easy to shoot quick & accurate, 15 + 1 of 40 S&W, I've carried it strong side IWB quite a bit.
My 2nd favorite is Glock 23 - compromise caliber 40 S&W has decent 13 + 1 capacity with just slightly more recoil than Glock 19 shooting +P
Although its my 2nd favorite, Glock 23 gets carried most of the time; I carry it AIWB or strong side IWB - more options for carry.
I suppose the Glock 19 could be my 3rd favorite, although I have difficulty combining 9mm and the word favorite. :vs_smirk:

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
My usual carry, a commander sized 1911 in 45 ACP. Close second is a S&W revolver in .357. These are comfortable guns for me - like wearing an old, comfortable pair of blue jeans.

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
I like them all! And they are all a favorite for different reasons.

But there is a certain joy i take in a Government Model 1911, and a S&W M10 revolver.

·
Super Moderator
19,300 Posts
Kinda like asking me what my favorite food is. Too many to choose from!

But two that just feel like natural extensions of my arm and which I shoot moderately well are the 1911 and the K-frame.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
My handgun collection is getting smaller so my "favorites" are being kept. I could really go through the rest of my life with my commander 1911 and a S&W 642. Primary carry and deeper concealment/pocket gun that checks all my boxes.

The 4" model 10 gets a very high honorable mention though and will remain as well in the role of my wife's house gun.

·
Registered
697 Posts
My favorites by category

Range- S&W Mod 67-1. Trigger so tuned by a gunsmith I rarely carry it
Pocket carry- LCR 38
Shoulder holster- Rossi M720 44 SPL
Home Defense- Ruger SR9 (9E)

Just got my first single action but have not been to the range with it yet so the list may change. Once I have a range visit to report I'll probably start a thread on it.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts