Defensive Carry banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears that almost everyone here has a drawer full of holsters that they have tried (or some have a box, a closet, or a vault full of tried holsters), but just out of curiosity what are your favorite three holsters? I know that different guns and different situations call for different means of carry, so list them as you wish to list them. Mine are as follows:

Concealment (mostly with a 1911) Hiking, hunting, backpacking, biking (Ruger Vaquero mostly. Sometimes a 1911)
1. Galco Miami Classic Shoulder Holster 1. A "cowboy" style hip holster (Ruger) or a Military Tanker holster (1911)
2. Galco Yaqui belt or paddle holster 2. A military web belt and Bianchi flap holster (1911)
3. A SOB holster by JRC (Yeah, I know a 3. When I bike, my SOB holster gets carried a lot or an El Paso IWB.
lot of people don't like them, but this
gets a lot of use with me)

This is my list(s). Satisfy my curiosity, please. What do you like best?

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
1. FIST #1A

The rest are just holsters that may get used for a specific one-off occasion. I even have some premium brand holsters that have settled toward the bottom of the holster box.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
#1: my hand
#2: SHTF Gear
#3: Foxx Holster "Little Foxx"

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Remora
SHTF Gear
UBG
RGrizzle
N82

Not in order .... depends on what I'm carrying, what I'm wearing.

·
Premium Member
6,892 Posts
Cleveland IWB with G-19
Galco Miami Classic II 1911 ( shoulder rig )
Fobus ankle holster ( J-frame )
Sig Pocket holster ( 938 EQ)
De Santis New York undercover S&W Governor ( should rig when walking dog at night )

·
Premium Member
38,334 Posts

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
My favorite brand is the first and only holster I have bought...FoxX Holsters. Little FoxX IWB for my...ah heck. Just read my signature below.

Happy Carrying!

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
SHTF ACE-1

The rest are growing mold. I have managed to make use of an inexensive suede & nylon holster as an "in car" holster attached to my console.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts