Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
For me, it will always be the immortal model 29 that Dirty Harry pointed at the bank robber and uttered his famous line:

You have to ask yourself a question; did he fire 5 rounds or 6. To tell you the truth, in all the excitement I forgot. So do you feel lucky, PUNK. Do Ya??

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
The Browning Hi Power Sam Elliot used as the Sgt. Major in "We Were Soldiers". When asked by his CO (Mel Gibson) about a rifle, Sam replied that he suspected there would be plenty of them laying around on the ground if he needed one.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
don't think it was a high power Sam Elliot had, that was a 1911 he was holding.....

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
I have been wrong. I could be wrong. I'll watch it again. But there's a scene where, well, uh...let me get back to ya'. If it's a 1911, and it sure looks like y'all are right, then he's shooting a 1911 with a 13 round mag. Maybe that's what set a BHP in my (rapidly aging) memory.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
For me, it will always be the immortal model 29 that Dirty Harry pointed at the bank robber and uttered his famous line:

You have to ask yourself a question; did he fire 5 rounds or 6. To tell you the truth, in all the excitement I forgot. So do you feel lucky, PUNK. Do Ya??
+1.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Easy... Joe Piscopo as a psycho gangster in Johnny Dangerously, pulling out a revolver with a foot-long barrel and saying, "This is an .88 Magnum... this thing shoots through schools..."

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Cheating, since the GE/Dillon M134D "minigun" in Terminator 2 wasn't actually a handgun. Still, it was held in the hand and used as a point-shooting, field-clearing CQB gun by the lead character, so ...

"It's definitely you."

An actual GAU-2 mounted in a Huey @ 4000 RPM:

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
I'll go with one showing the Kahr K9. :hand5: Sharp lookin pistol IMO.

SHAFT.
shaft_image6.jpg

·
Registered
135 Posts

Another vote for Harry Callahan's weapon of choice...and who can forget a few movies later in the series (Sudden Impact I think it was) the line "Go ahead...make my day!" That line was also uttered while Dirty Harry was holding his model 29 on a bad guy!

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
I'm going with the Colt 1911's Mr. Castle used in the Punisher.

Oh, and Internet Movies Firearms Database is a cool site.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Springfield XD in the movie Crank High Voltage...... Jason Stathams first gun in the movie.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
This is my weakness, movie guns. I have a S&W M29 6.5" like Dirty Harry's, a Kahr K9 from "The Brave One", a S&W 3913 from "Memento", a 8 3/8" M29 from "Taxi Driver", and a few others. I know, I need help.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts