Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have a favorite that get you through?

A life lived in fear, is a life half lived - Baz Luhrman

"Aren't you worried"? "Would that help" - movie Bridge of Spies

Worry is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere. - Erma Bombeck

Life isn't waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene

Everything will be okay in the end. If it isn't okay, then it's not the end. - John Lennon

·
Registered
33,976 Posts
"Well, I guess into each life a little rain must fall."

John Wayne in Sands of Iwo Jima. He actually used that line in another movie also, but the name escapes me at the moment. This CV-19 thing seems more of a downpour though.

Second movie was Flying Leathernecks.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Not sure where the quote came from but, "worse things have happened to better people." For some odd reason that has always stuck with me.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Don't remember where I heard it.
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: He has a restraining order against me. Says my Friend ripped the gates off the hinges the last time I was there."

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
My favorite phrase is, "And this too came to pass." It didn't come to stay, it came to pass.

Of course, I can recommend a whole book full of good phrases.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Frank Herbert, "Dune", Litany against fear

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

It was quite interesting that in one of 'Law and Order' episode a geeky teenager was reciting that...

·
Registered
317 Posts
"Well, I guess into each life a little rain must fall."

John Wayne in Sands of Iwo Jima. He actually used that line in another movie also, but the name escapes me at the moment. This CV-19 thing seems more of a downpour though.

Second movie was Flying Leathernecks.
John Wayne actually "borrowed" that line from Longfellow. "Thy fate is the common fate of all; into each life a little rain must fall."
I must be feeling a little extra poetic this morning.:image035:

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.

In all your ways acknowledge Him
And he will make straight your paths.

Proverbs 3:5-6

The Lord is my Sheppard I shall not want... Psalm 23

1 - 20 of 88 Posts