Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, what is your favorite range gun? Tell us about it. Any caliber, handgun or rifle, what do you like to shoot?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
I really enjoy shooting the Sig P250 (40 cal) and the S&W 686, but the one that gets the most rounds at the range is the G27, because is my EDC.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Out of all my guns, believe it or not the one I probably have the most fun with is my blued Ruger MKIII Target. I can shoot all afternoon on the cheap, get a lot of trigger practice and "plink" at anything that ain't movin'. And it runs 100% of the time.

Favorite ??? That's really hard to tell. I think it changes as much as the weather does.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I don't have it yet, but once I find out what kind of ammo it likes, my favorite will be the M&P 15/22 I've got on layaway now.

$30 can either be turned into 100 rounds of .40 for me, or 80 rounds of 7.62x39, or 100 rounds of cheap 12 gauge, or around 1100 rounds of .22lr instead. :bier:

·
Registered
481 Posts
My favorite range gun is my .22 Marlin Rifle. It's cheap to shoot and a ton of fun to shoot out at 100 yards. I love shooting my 9mm Sigma, but it costs a lot more. If I weren't buying a sub compact 9mm for carry I would be looking into a .22 handgun.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
I LOVE a pump shotgun.

And anything new.

How about that Sig Mosquito? Cheap and fun.

Also practice with a carry firearm, that's just a feel good thing.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
My favorite is probably a Liberty 44-40 with 4 5/8 barrel, or a pair of them actually. Basically they are Colt Peacemaker clones.

They are just fun to shoot. You can go through a lot of rounds if you want, but only 6 at a time, and you can shoot hundreds of rounds without getting fatiqued. Mostly I shoot at old propane bottles set from 10-15 yrds all the way out to maybe 30-35 yds.

This caliber is what made me start to reload because factory rounds are anywhere from 25 to 40 bucks for 50. That got pretty expensive, 6 bucks for 50 makes it much more fun to shoot.

·
Super Moderator
18,826 Posts
Favorite range rifle is a Springfield Model 1922AII in .22 Long Rifle. Right behind it would be a Smith & Wesson Model 17 with 8 3/8-inch barrel, also in .22 Long Rifle.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I like my M&P 40S&W but I love shooting my fathers S&W Model 19-2 .357mag snubbie... I like it with either the .357magnum rounds or just shooting regular .38spl. Not alot of kick from the .357mag and no kick from the .38's It is such a wll balanced gun it is easily controllable.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Sig 226 X-five in 9mm is by far my favorite range gun. Its a tack driving machine!

:danceban:

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
So, what is your favorite range gun? Tell us about it. Any caliber, handgun or rifle, what do you like to shoot?
SLR-95

·
Registered
112 Posts
i second the s&w model 41, i have both barrels and a red dot on one, plus 12 mags. all day fun. my goal it to spend way more on ammo to run thru it than i did for the gun. hope i have to buy new barrels.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I have a Spikes Tactical 9mm AR that is an absolute blast to shoot at the range. Cheap to feed and very accurate even on the 75 yard indoor lanes.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
This one:

.38Spl or .357 Magnum, it's just fun to shoot, and the one I carry most often, and the one I will be using in competition.
I picked this one up for Mother's Day last year, and I get more and more accurate, every time I take it to the range.
Second favorite:

Gorgeous to look at, fun to shoot, but a bit bulky to carry.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts