Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Article here: FBI, local police conducting massive sweep in Oakland | www.ktvu.com

Looks like they're rapidly enforcing the recently passed SB 140, which allows confiscation from 'criminals' and 'serious mental illnesses.' I know some of us may have differing opinions on confiscation but we can all agree it has been made possible by registration (CA is one of the few states).

Ugh, I can see veterans next for "all having PTSD" from Feinstein's view.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
I normally go actually read the articles but this time I didnt on my first post just took the link at face value.

Now that I read it unless im missing something in a big way it says there is a sweep but it doenst say why or what for that I can see anyplace.

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Article here: FBI, local police conducting massive sweep in Oakland | www.ktvu.com

Looks like they're rapidly enforcing the recently passed SB 140, which allows confiscation from 'criminals' and 'serious mental illnesses.' I know some of us may have differing opinions on confiscation but we can all agree it has been made possible by registration (CA is one of the few states).

Ugh, I can see veterans next for "all having PTSD" from Feinstein's view.
How did you come up with your statement when the article says that the police did not say what they were doing?

·
Registered
8,030 Posts

·
Registered
8,030 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the contribution Snub! I had accidentally closed one tab and forgot to post that link with it.... oops! Figures the second link had more information. I'll see what I can find now but here is California's Senate Bill 140, which was enrolled on 4/23/2013.

Here is some more information on the bill: California Gun Confiscation Bill Passes, Approves $24 Million To Expedite Illegal Gun Seizure

As for the additional information on the raid: Five suspects arrested in police-FBI raids targeting West Oakland gang - San Jose Mercury News

Now, I'm not saying what went down wasn't justified, I am merely worried that it's the start of "justifying" it against others when the time comes. Register this, register that, then mag size/AR limits, then the raids all thanks to the database.

·
Registered
7,731 Posts
So as I read it they are confiscating weapons from drug dealers they are arresting. Did I miss something? Do we have any information to show that registration had anything to do with this at all? I mean, does anyone here believe that the drug dealers had legally registered their weapons and those records were how the cops found them?

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
Confiscation is nothing new in CA. In fact the bill (SB-140) clearly outlines the rsponsibility of the AG to monitor the firearms owner list vs. the unlawful person list. Here is that plan in action:

Tonight on AC360: California goes after illegal guns ? Anderson Cooper 360 - CNN.com Blogs

Serving warrants on felons, fine. Confiscating ammo from a man with a temporary restraining order? Unless you're an actor, pothead, or illegal alien, get out of CA NOW !!!

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
From the story linked above-- "300 law enforcement officers targeted a gang operating out of the Acorn housing project in West Oakland resulted in the arrest of five suspects on gun and drug charges, Oakland police Chief..."

Oh horrors. The world is coming to an end. Five gang bangers got busted on gun and drug charges. What is this world coming to?

"He said police also seized four firearms and a large amount of narcotics, including crack cocaine, marijuana and heroin."
Shocking. Stuff like that doesn't go on in our inner cities.

Reactions: BenGoodLuck

·
Registered
8,030 Posts
$24 million, well, heck, why don't they just host another buyback...no danger and no gasoline fumes to harm the butterflies...

Thanks for the contribution Snub! I had accidentally closed one tab and forgot to post that link with it.... oops! Figures the second link had more information. I'll see what I can find now but here is California's Senate Bill 140, which was enrolled on 4/23/2013.

Here is some more information on the bill: California Gun Confiscation Bill Passes, Approves $24 Million To Expedite Illegal Gun Seizure

As for the additional information on the raid: Five suspects arrested in police-FBI raids targeting West Oakland gang - San Jose Mercury News

Now, I'm not saying what went down wasn't justified, I am merely worried that it's the start of "justifying" it against others when the time comes. Register this, register that, then mag size/AR limits, then the raids all thanks to the database.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts

·
Registered
8,030 Posts
...yup, they're confiscating legally registered weapons from those who have done bad things and been deemed unfit to have guns...they had to have been registered or they wouldn't know which doors to knock on...even drug dealers weren't born that way and may have acquired their weapons legally at one time...

So as I read it they are confiscating weapons from drug dealers they are arresting. Did I miss something? Do we have any information to show that registration had anything to do with this at all? I mean, does anyone here believe that the drug dealers had legally registered their weapons and those records were how the cops found them?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.