Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The House has proposed a federal law that would require a license to own handguns and buy handgun ammunition, as well as registration of handguns. States that already have such laws which meet certain criteria would satisfy the requirement, but in states that do not, federal licensing and registration would be required. Licensing will require fingerprints and proof of training.The bill does not yet contain information on licensing fees, a grace period, penalties for violation. etc. There would be no grandfathering.

I don't think this could make it into law now, but if Trump doesn't get reelected, I could see it passing the House easily and possibly the Senate, even if it stays red. And of course the new Dem president would sign it.

The bill was actually proposed in January, but the House has "kept it under the radar" and not made a deal out of it according to a couple of sources online.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Wonder what they then do when millions do not comply......hmmm..... and if they do try they will be making the same decision King George III made in the middle to late 1700's, which is to criminalize and alienate those that once held loyalty to their government, and that did not end well either.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
While it's not likely it would be expected to pass, this time, it could be a test to see where the majority stand in particular areas. It certainly shows the direction of the liberal end game.

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
They may only govern by the consent of the people. We don’t consent.

How about automatic 20 year prison term for any elected official or lawmaker that proposes legislation which is anti constitutional? Seriously think about this, they are proposing breaking the law with conspiracy each and every time this type,of legislation comes up. Jail them.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Isn't that an infringement? Protected by the Constitution and some state Constitutions.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Are they going to have Robert O'Rourke and a couple social worker go door to door to enforce the mandate?

Reactions: airslot and OldChap

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Isn't that an infringement? Protected by the Constitution and some state Constitutions.
Of course it is an infringement. But is it effectively protected by any constitutions? I think not. Multiple states have had these laws for a while and yet they stand. And people have gone to prison for violating them.

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
According to SCOTUS (Haynes v. US) prohibited people can't be required to register their firearms (under the 5A's self incrimination clause) so this isn't about stopping criminals.
So I wonder if we could all claim that we didn't register our guns because we considered ourselves prohibited persons for some unnamed reason, but when asked why we thought we were prohibited persons, we invoke 5A again, so there is nothing to charge us with? Or do you have to be a documented prohibited person to get the exemption?

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
They may only govern by the consent of the people. We don’t consent.

How about automatic 20 year prison term for any elected official or lawmaker that proposes legislation which is anti constitutional? Seriously think about this, they are proposing breaking the law with conspiracy each and every time this type,of legislation comes up. Jail them.
I would prefer we hang them from street lights. Once they have shown their true intent, there is no need for my tax dollars to house and feed them.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts