Defensive Carry banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
34,640 Posts
The Supreme Court better grow a pair and Start taking these 2nd amendment cases
Be careful of what you ask for. SCOTUS is not conservative leaning as many suppose. Decisions may not go the direction you wish.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
The Government must first know who owns guns. How else are they going to be able to confiscate all of the legally owned guns later?

Why must they defund the Local and State law enforcement? How else can they institute a Federal Police Force?

Look at how well that's worked for Nazis, Soviets, and every other dictatorship.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
The Government must first know who owns guns. How else are they going to be able to confiscate all of the legally owned guns later?

Why must they defund the Local and State law enforcement? How else can they institute a Federal Police Force?

Look at how well that's worked for Nazis, Soviets, and every other dictatorship.
Where do you think all those background checks go? No way the government doesn't store them somewhere. They collect everything else we do why wouldn't they collect them?

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Welcome to N.Y.

·
Registered
7,152 Posts
Where do you think all those background checks go? No way the government doesn't store them somewhere. They collect everything else we do why wouldn't they collect them?
Bear in mind that the 4473 itself does not and never has gone to some federal storehouse. The only part that goes for the background check is a voice conversation with a sales clerk. The physical forms are kept in a million different gun shop back rooms. I know a couple of owners who have told me that they are always worried about having a fire in those storerooms.

Besides, in this age of computer files, it would be incredibly easy for local law enforcement to provide the impetus an individual needs to claim the 5th Amendment. In any event, that scheme is exactly the same as was tried in Canada and fell on it's face for lack of subject cooperation. And we are a LOT more hard-headed than Canadians.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Just Way past time for Real America to take back this Country!. How do we make this happen??..By Totally Voting RED in November and Delete ALL the Demo`s from Congress AND the Senate!. This is a Last Chance Election for America otherwise we are Lost by the Flood of Illegal Aliens,Gun Confiscation ,extended Welfare and the end of SS and Medicare. We will become Slaves to the Demo plantation and be forced to "Like" it. NO..Not happening for me and NO Mail in Crap either!. Prepare as this may Not be Pretty!.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
I came here this morning looking for some discussion on this, as I had not heard anything of it until yesterday.
Very concerned about this ..... this is a pretty big deal and there's been no noise about it all. That concerns me .... that I rely on some 'watchdog' types such as USCCA and NRA and others and we've heard nothing of ithis.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
I came here this morning looking for some discussion on this, as I had not heard anything of it until yesterday.
Very concerned about this ..... this is a pretty big deal and there's been no noise about it all. That concerns me .... that I rely on some 'watchdog' types such as USCCA and NRA and others and we've heard nothing of ithis.
I wonder if the all the new first-time gun owners, the Democrat sales, will be this open to gun registration considering they got to experience the gun control they foisted on us.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Bear in mind that the 4473 itself does not and never has gone to some federal storehouse. The only part that goes for the background check is a voice conversation with a sales clerk. The physical forms are kept in a million different gun shop back rooms. I know a couple of owners who have told me that they are always worried about having a fire in those storerooms.

Besides, in this age of computer files, it would be incredibly easy for local law enforcement to provide the impetus an individual needs to claim the 5th Amendment. In any event, that scheme is exactly the same as was tried in Canada and fell on it's face for lack of subject cooperation. And we are a LOT more hard-headed than Canadians.
I don't believe this is quite true, 4473s are turned over to the ATF whenever a dealer discontinues their FFL license. So if the dealer quits business, sells the business, etc., those 4473s must be turned in to the National Tracing Center or to the local ATF office.

Reactions: OldChap

·
Registered
7,152 Posts
I don't believe this is quite true, 4473s are turned over to the ATF whenever a dealer discontinues their FFL license. So if the dealer quits business, sells the business, etc., those 4473s must be turned in to the National Tracing Center or to the local ATF office.
That is true. However, the number of gun shops that close and do that every year is surely a small percentage of the number who remain in business. And certainly the many thousands of people per day who have been buying guns of late have done so in shops that are thriving and probably not planning to close anytime soon.

A partial list for registration / confiscation is little better than no list at all. And none of that makes any difference if the person on the 4473 claims they sold the gun, or gave it away. That puts the onus back on the government to prove wrongdoing. I don't think there are anywhere near the number of courtrooms and lawyers on the planet to handle that.

I know, I know. Some will say, "Well they only have to make an example of one." Perhaps. But a million rebellious citizens would put a political monkey on the government's back that they might not be able to handle. Openly violating the Constitution is not a good way to get reelected in most places.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Dead for now but if the rep lose anymore in 2020 NOV we could def see it or somthing like it pass and that is something that they would want ..And I think a lot of people who are not gun people would not have as much of a problem with it thinking this is a good thing bad guys cant get guns etc

The real night mare will be firg out what to do with the many many old guns that dont have serial numbers pre 68 homemade legaly per 1968 GCA etc .... See the new bill banning a lot of prviate owenrship of device use to make guns or making them FFL only ... Sneaky you see..

Many states have for years if not decades had laws saying you need a permit to get a gun , NY,NJ,CA , most of the eastern southboard some of them dating back to the early 20th century and legal or not they have been tosed yet ...

21 - 33 of 33 Posts