Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the hst ammo from federal. Especially the 124 gr 9mm. How is it accuracy wise and has anyone done any testing as in wetpacks or geletin. Just curious as my loving wife said I could get a few boxes for fathers day with free shipping from striechers. What a great wife I have If I only could get her to go shooting with me Id have the perfect wife. Happy fathers day to all the fathers on here. And have a good one.

Sixgun

·
Registered
606 Posts
I've personally never used them just for the fact that I havent been able to find them locally. I've never heard anything negative about the round and Im hoping to find a few boxes to check out for myself.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have been using HST 147 loads in my Kahr and the have been outstanding in my Kahr. I am thinking about trying the HST 124 in the near future because the EFMJ loads also do quite well for me too.

·
Registered
602 Posts
HST gets a bad rap by many........ claiming it is "old" technology. I find it to be very accurate and keep it in most of my handguns.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
hydra shock is good ammo, it was my duty ammo for years in 9mm. then we went to 40 cal and we carried the hydra shock ammo.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My boxes said Federal Premium on the corners. I did a 200rd reliabilty test with this in my HK Tac45 for carry, great ammo to me!
Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
75 Posts
HST is definitively superior to hydrashok in that they open more reliably after going through intermediate barriers. Just about any hollowpoint will open up in water or 'wetpack'...put heavy clothing in front of it, or other intermediate barriers, and you'll see the difference.

Get HST (or Ranger T).

·
Registered
793 Posts
HST is what I use in my G19 and I really like it as well. One of the things I like most about it is the price. Last year before prices went up I was getting it for $12/50 at Streichers (now it's $14) and I've found that it performs just as good as Gold Dot for me so I'd rather buy more HST for the same $$. Just my opinion, but I have found it to be one of the better deals as far as personal defense ammo goes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts