Defensive Carry banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well it's almost getting comical now.
Saturday I was told that the package was "mis-sorted", then got a tracking update email notifying that the delivery date had been moved to Wednesday the 28th. Then last night around 9p I got another one notifying that the delivery date had been changed to Tuesday the 27th. Then, this morning, I get another one notifying that the delivery date has been changed to today.
And the tracking showed that the package, which had originally been sorted to a facility about 20+ miles from me, then moved to another facility about 35 miles away, has now been sent back to the original delivery facility where it landed 5 days ago.

So, on top of all that, it's a signature required package. And since we have an electric security gate, and the driver will just leave a note on the gate if it's closed, we have to keep the gate open all day long while we wait for him. And with 3 Labrador Retrievers who like to go in and out all day this entire process has been a giant PITA. My wife says, "NEVER AGAIN...No signature required packages will be sent here. Have them sent to a holding facility and go pick them up!" For once, we agree on something! :)

So I'm about to bundle up and head out to the garage again, bundle up, and sit in a lawn chair at the open garage door, watching for the delivery truck. And I'm betting dollars to donuts that he doesn't show up today. But I've got a pot of coffee, my computer, phone, and a forced air jet blower kerosene heater that I set in the driveway 10 feet from me, that will warm the entire garage in about 4 minutes

Here we go!

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
I'm in the same boat with FedEx. Package originally scheduled Wed, no-show. Then re-schedule for Friday, again no-show. Now its listed as Pending at a facility that is further from me than the one it was supposedly at on Wednesday. :blink:

Reactions: MB53

·
Registered
32 Posts
Can you have it delivered to a store or pick up location? I do that with UPS. They will hold it for about a week.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well, as for doubting it would deliver today after all the update emails from FE turns out I was right! The FedEx Ground guy came by at 12:15 and I flagged him down after he raced right by my place. He's our regular route driver and a real nice guy whom I've chatted with numerous times. He did not have my package on his truck.
I told him the package had bounced back and forth between two local metro area FE facilities for the past five days. But I got some good info from him.
They've hired a lot of temp employees to handle the huge volume of holiday package traffic and the sorting is all messed up. He said half of them don't know what they're doing and are just clogging up the system. He took down my cell # and said he would give me a heads up call when he had my package on the truck. And when he got back to the station he would see if the package was actually there...a big 65 Lb box shouldn't be too hard to locate. (those were his words)
He also said "end of business day" for them right now is either when all the packages on the truck are delivered or midnight, whichever occurs first and don't be surprised if a truck rolls up at 10pm.

Then after I went inside I got another automated tracking email with an updated delivery date of tomorrow....lol.

And the upside of this story is that I have another signature required FedEx Ground delivery coming on Thursday!

BTW: Nearest hold for pickup facility is about 40 miles from me.

·
Premium Member
7,156 Posts
FedEx Strikes Again

Checking on the FedEx tracking number for one of my recent VitaCost orders I ONCE AGAIN read on line that the box was severely damaged. That means it would have disappeared and I never would have known if I hadn't kept tracking it on line!

Fortunately, VitaCost is the easiest company to deal with when FedEx smashes their heavy duty cardboard outer boxes which contain my boxes of soy milk (I can not get Edensoy locally at all!) but I would think they would get tired of having to send me free replacement duplicate shipments so often. I actually was totally amazed that the last 2 shipments came in intact!

The last smashed box contained some cartons of organic chicken broth. That can get smelling rather nasty after it's been smashed and sloshing around inside a plastic bag for 2 or 3 days before it has gotten cold outside! The other things inside that box were OK and the plastic bags hadn't leaked on everything else - for a change.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Mine is "scheduled" for delivery tomorrow. The encouraging news is that it is now listed as at the facility closest to me after going south instead of north when it hit the city (and bouncing between two southside locations for 2 days)......

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
update: "on the delivery vehicle-out for delivery today"

Now, if I can just catch him when he comes by and open the gate!

Me and one of my dogs waiting for Fed Ex...got the forced air heater jet going full blast....
This little gal sticks to me like glue...and she loves that heater!
IMG_9917.jpg

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
I've had a few minor problems, like delayed packages. But what I really hate is the fact that on signature required deliveries you need to sit around all day and they will only make 3 attempts. Them not showing up counts as an attempt!

I've solved that problem. Now if a package requires a signature, as soon as I get the tracking number, I get online and change the delivery to have it held at the local FedEx/UPS hub. I'm lucky in that I drive by both 3 times a week. FedEx will not hold hazardous materials shipments so I try to have those shipped via UPS which will hold them.
I have "fixed" the problem by not accepting any shipments from shippers who have gotten sloppy. I just cancel at the point of sale and find another merchant who will ship by another method. It's called the free market.

Reactions: ShooterGranny

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
update: "on the delivery vehicle-out for delivery today"

Now, if I can just catch him when he comes by and open the gate!

Me and one of my dogs waiting for Fed Ex...got the forced air heater jet going full blast....
This little gal sticks to me like glue...and she loves that heater!
View attachment 284718
:rofl: :rofl:

I love it...looks like us, but we have to use a fan 11 1/2 months out of the year! :smile:
@MB53 I know your frustration. Before we moved here, we had one of those community big box mail delivery thingys for everyone on our street. I kept getting another guy's mail, and he got ours. I took a handful of letters addressed to him, got a big black magic marker and wrote front and back in BIG letters, "IF YOU CAN READ THIS...THE ADDRESS IS TWO BOXES TO YOUR LEFT" and put in the big "Wrong Address" slot in the box.

Yep, you guessed it. HE COULDN'T READ.

Amazingly, here we have the finest USPS employees on earth. I wrote our U.S. Senators and asked them to personally thank them all for us - for what that's worth.

·
Registered
712 Posts
FedEx certainly doesn't have a monopoly on messed up deliveries. I've had problems with all three, FedEx, UPS, and USPS. I've had people from the next street over bring me a box of ammo addressed to me. I got to return the favor when FedEx left a cold packed ham at my house. The only similarity in our street names is that they both start with R. Several times USPS has not delivered parcels on the scheduled day. Tracking shows they were unable to access our front porch. Hah, it's wide open to the street.

We get mail from any street in town that has the same house number. Our next door neighbor gets our mail sometimes and we get his. Packages shown as delivered to our address are not there. I know they haven't been stolen. I'm retired and at home all day. Our neighbor across the street brought us a package a couple of weeks ago. Our house numbers are prominently marked. Whats up with that. We subscribe to the Sunday only newspaper. It's a crapshoot whether we get the paper or not. Sometimes it shows up in the neighbor's driveway, sometimes not at all. Despite numerous complaints, it still happens on a monthly basis.

·
Premium Member
6,714 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Last time a truck crash like that made the news here it was avacados all over the highway!
My regular Fed Ex route driver just called me to let me know he has the package on his truck and is in route, expecting to be here in the next 60 minutes.

This guy is awesome!
I've got a holiday card for him with a $20 inside and a note that says 'thank you and have lunch on me! '

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
You know, my packages may be in that picture. However, the package arrived today. They required a signature despite that not being a condition of it being shipped by the shipper.......Glad someone was available to sign.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts