Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This one's got a 15-degree rake/cant, plain ol' black. The backside's left natural to eliminate any chance of dye rub-off or bleed. Premium Hermann Oak veg-tan American leather. Any feedback, good or bad would be appreciated.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
Looks a lot crisper on the outline around the gun than holsters I been making

·
Registered
2,185 Posts

This one's got a 15-degree rake/cant, plain ol' black. The backside's left natural to eliminate any chance of dye rub-off or bleed. Premium Hermann Oak veg-tan American leather. Any feedback, good or bad would be appreciated.
It looks good, but I don't like holsters that ride so high. I think I may be in the minority, however.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
376 Posts
Nice work!

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I'd say very good work. Looks soft. Not a bad thing. Maybe a cross between my Ahern pancake three slot, and my Fist #10. Looks like just the right amount of coverage with the top contour. I'm guessing the sub-compact Glocks would also work well in this holster. Did you incorporate a sight channel in the holster? G19/23/33 dedicated holster?

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
Great looking holster...my kind of holster...nicely 'boned', too!:yup::hand10:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Very nice work.

You might consider a sweat shield on the back to keep the slide from contacting your body. It also helps guide the gun when re-holstering.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everybody. As always, I really appreciate the input.

JerryM...it does ride a bit high. Most of mine do, but I'm working on that. It works for me, but some folks feel like they're drawing into their armpits.

303british...Thank you!

ttsail... Thanks, Tim. Thought I'd try to do something a little different without getting too far "out there."

Ram Rod...it can actually be picked up by either wing and held horizontally with no "droop." It will conform with break-in, but it's pretty stiff and solid brand-new. It does work well for the sub-compacts--I'll post one of those one day soon. No molded/dedicated site track, but the squared-off slide on the Glocks and the stitching position incorporates a site track...if that makes any sense. It sorta happens naturally.

retsupt99...Thank you, sir!

randyc74...Thanks, and yes, sir! So many designs, so little time.

orangevol...I've got the same design that does incorporate the slide/shirt guard. I appreciate you pointing that out.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Handsome design. Too high for me...with all that ammo up top they don't feel as secure. Very nice to see a holstermaker doing his own thing and not copying other artists.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts