Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for feedback from those of you that might have any experience using or having either one of these 380 auto.
thanks

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Owned a NAA...sold it and wish I hadnt. The LCP is a very light weight, well performing gun just make sure you get a post recall model. I liked the heft of the NAA as it is all metal. You also can get real sights added and a CT Grip that does not attach to the trigger guard requiring a special holster. That you cannot get with a LCP. The LCP is cheaper and lighter, and has taken the world by storm. Everybody has one...but do you wanna be like everybody else? The NAA is slightly more expensive and a little heavier, but I feel if made to choose I would have to got back to the NAA.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Have the LCP

Looking for feedback from those of you that might have any experience using or having either one of these 380 auto.
thanks
I have the LCP with a Crimson Trace laser. I love it. Easy to drop into a pocket and have it disappear. Reasonably accurate. Takes a little getting used to the long trigger.

·
Banned
5,140 Posts
The trigger pull is long, but the size, weight and overall concealability make it great. I have only put 100 rounds through mine but no problems yet.

·
Registered
275 Posts
The Ruger LCP and Kel-Tec .380 are "horses of a similar color." The Kel-Tec 380 is +P rated (yes, there is a "hot" .380 and its loaded by Buffalo Bore. The best version is their 100-grain hardcast load.)

The NAA will likely handle the Buffalo Bore as well, but will be heavier to carry. The NAA pistols are VERY wll made. You wouldn't go wrong if you bought one.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
I have the LCP and I'd say, it's one of the better .380s I've had. I say better, not so much in quality, but in the deep concealment area. It just might be the compact size and weight that is so appealing because it's not the most fun little pistol to shoot. But over all I'd say, that I highly recommend it for anyone wanting a very reliable and concealable little pistol in a reasonable caliber for SD.

I did look at the NNA .380 and honestly thought I wanted to get one too, but I held off because I only wanted it because I thought it would handle the +p round, whereas the LCP specifications state it's not recommended. The NNA's weight was considerably higher than the LCP and kinda went the other direction of what I wanted a mouse gun for.

Either one of um would be a great BUG or is some cases a good CC cary pistol. JMO :hand5:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts