Defensive Carry banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to know if any of you have owned or at least fired both of these specific weapons and if so, what your opinion is about the felt recoil compared to one another.

I own a K9 and love how soft a shooter it is but I've always wondered how it would compare to the Springfield EMP in 9mm. There's no place to rent one any where near me so I'm asking in case one of you is fortunate enough to own both.

Anyway, any direct comparisons you can make about how these two weapons stack up in the recoil department would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
OK....not exactly what you are looking for, but I think it's close enough that you may find this helpful. Yes, assumptions will be made, so take my comments at your own risk.

I owned a MK9 and rented a EMP at a range and shot them back-to-back. To me they were very close in felt recoil - in fact if I had to pick the one that was softer, I may have gone with the MK9 as it had a Hogue Handall wrapped around the grip which filled my hand a bit better.

I would therefore assume that the K9 should handle things even better than a MK9, and in my opinion therefore better than an EMP.

My feelings after the MK9/EMP shoot-off was that as nice as the EMP was, for the money the MK9 was a better deal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts