Defensive Carry banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently bought my wife a SIG P238. She does not want to pocketbook carry because my two year old has a propensity to rummage through her pocketbook. I have heard that do to differences between male and female body types, the standard IWB does not fit a woman's waist nearly as well as it does a man's. what are good carry options for her? She is a petite woman.

I'm sure this has been asked before, so I'm sorry about any redundancy, just don't have time to rummage through 15,000 posts.

Thanks.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I carry IWB often - IMO hybrids work well for women but you have to play with where it fits best to find that perfect sweet spot. That's assuming she's willing to wear a belt and a looser shirt. For my XDsc I have a Crossbreed SuperTuck which I love but it's bigger than I'd prefer overall and for my Shield I have a Little Foxx which I LOVE. I'm planning on getting one for the XDsc too.

I also often use a flashbang and love it although not many women I've talked to like it as much as I do.

I've heard great things about Kangaroo Carry.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lish is there a specific brand of holster that you find fits better? I have a Milt Sparks and a Brigade Gunleather, but I don't want to invest that kind of money and wait 10 months to find out that it does not conceal or work for her. I'm more than happy to make the commitment if it does work. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
With the extremely small size of the P238 you might want to look at appendix carry. The Appendix IWB holsters tend to have a smaller overall profile too. I made one for a 4" 1911 that was surprisingly small.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
Also go to youtube and check out faliaphotography. It's a channel done by a woman that's a very knowledgeable gun girl. She has lots of great videos devoted to holsters for women. Just remember, if your wife catches you watching her videos (she's quite attractive!), be quick to point out it's "research" that you're doing!:wink:

Reactions: Vuva3rae

·
Registered
787 Posts
Lish is there a specific brand of holster that you find fits better? I have a Milt Sparks and a Brigade Gunleather, but I don't want to invest that kind of money and wait 10 months to find out that it does not conceal or work for her. I'm more than happy to make the commitment if it does work. Thanks.
For me I've been very happy with Foxx Holsters, the Little Foxx is what I have. www.foxxholsters.com About 2 weeks from my order to my mailbox, good price, and most importantly it's comfy for me. Not too big and bulky, the overall footprint is small. I've also been very happy with my Crossbreed, but I'd check and see if the MiniTuck comes in her gun vs the SuperTuck. Crossbreed's site is www.crossbreedholsters.com I'd go there to see what fits her gun but be sure to check out www.crossbreedseconds.com if they have any already made that fit. I ordered mine through their seconds site - was in GREAT shape and I got it in about a week. You have to send cash, but I had no problems doing that. They're considered either not up to standards or returns but I had to look really hard to find a blemish on mine. (Don't go by the picture of mine to judge for the seconds site, that's how it looks now after a year of daily use, not when I got it)

www.kangaroocarry.com is what a friend (female) has and loves - I may try that at some point.

A lot of women swear by belly bands but I haven't wanted to try one, too hot in the FL heat for me. Maybe with a camisole under it...

Gun Revolver Starting pistol Trigger Airsoft gun

Gun Starting pistol Handgun holster Revolver Gun accessory

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
My wife is petite as well, and carries a Kahr CW9 in a Comp-Tac Minotaur.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Thanks so much Lish, I've noticed that woman's holsters are not all leather. Wonder why that is.
I have seen some - the Lady Fist is leather I believe...

So much is personal preference. Put any 10 women in a room and I'll bet we'd each carry differently, even if a couple had the same holster we'd probably have it in a different spot. I like barely behind my hip, some others like appendix - appendix is horribly uncomfortable for me. From what I've read on these forums you guys have a lot of different preferences too. It's going to likely be some trial and error. Hip and waist sizes, dress styles, chest size - there's so many differences among us what works for some of us doesn't work for others. Like I mentioned before I love the flashbang, I've read a lot of women who hate it. It's not the most comfortable thing I've ever worn (hot and a little hard on the sternum) but thank goodness I can finally not wear an oversized shirt!! (where's the dancing banana on tapatalk?) And yes, dress styles - that's where I think you get the most variation with women and the most difficulty with holsters. I NEVER wore a belt until I committed to CC. I will put on 10 different outfits until I find one that conceals the gun but doesn't make me look frumpy. Somehow the outfit I have on today will conceal perfectly but tomorrow will print.

The two IWB holsters I use aren't actually "women's" holsters, although I did get a chick color in the Little Foxx (and painted the engravings on the gun to match! lol)

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Fist, especially the LadyFist has been extremely popular with some ladies I know.

I asked Mrs. Superhouse and she recommended an all leather holster (feels better against the skin) and belts that are custom made and fit (for the smaller belt loops often found on female clothing) and getting more than one holster (belt clip for skirts that don't have belt loops. etc) She tells me that all my outfits are pretty much the same. Pants and shirt. Some are fancier than others. but basically they all cover the same. She has much more variety in her wardrobe and one holster won't do for all.

Reactions: CPT_Rich

·
Registered
46,044 Posts
Women must have a really big box of second-hand holsters then.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.