Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently, I have an M&P9c with crossbreed supertuck worn IWB @ 4:00. I am 5'3" 140 EXTREMELY SHORT WAISTED.

I am having trouble getting the butt of my gun to be pulled in close to my body because I have a very deep curve in the small of my back. My belt won't push it down because the IWB pushes my pants out further.

I am thinking of switching to an OWB holster to help solve this problem. Do you ladies have any recommendations of holster than will pull the butt of my gun in close to my body? I can't wear any high rise due to my short waist.

·
Super Moderator
10,458 Posts
I am not a female so I have no idea what to tell you to try and fix it, but this site here has some good info for females who carry: Cornered Cat

I'm sure some of the ladies will be around shortly to help you find a suitable method of carry.

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
I am not a female so I have no idea what to tell you to try and fix it, but this site here has some good info for females who carry: Cornered Cat

I'm sure some of the ladies will be around shortly to help you find a suitable method of carry.
Dang. Look at the times of our posts.

:wave:

·
Registered
506 Posts
:smile:

Specifically, you want to look at the "Straight Talk About Curves" article on that site.

And reading your description, I'd recommend getting that holster out of the 4 o'clock position and pulling it around to ride at 1 or 2 o'clock, in front of the hip. Some women can carry behind the hip just fine, but those with a strong ratio (hourglass curves) really can't -- at least not without extreme measures. So I'd suggest you try appendix carry in that holster before spending money on a different one. You might be surprised!

pax

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
My wife has a couple of lady Fist holsters and likes them for the hip carry with her 642 and G19.

Recently she has decided to switch to appendix carry for her 642 and had Fist make her a number 9 with a rearward cant so she could carry there. I am not sure if she has actually tried it out yet.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I have often wondered about a rearward cant model for appendix carry myself. As regular appendix carry doesn't work so well for me.

Would be interested to how she does like it.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
My wife uses a ankle Fobus ankle holster...I dont like them but she does....I dont like the way you have to access it but she does.....a thought.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts