Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well - if you ever had any!!

I only had one really and admittedly it was a used gun. Charter Arms Pathfinder. Lil .22 snub - felt just great but - the internals were I suspect made by drunk Friday night slave labor!

Got any - had any?

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Mauser Broomhandle that grouped 14" high from 7 yards away!

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mauser Broomhandle that grouped 14" high from 7 yards away!
OMG - Rick, that has be something really wrong!!!! Sights surely must have been crazy! Wow!! :eek:

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
My sole lemon was a German-made Ortgies .32 ACP semi auto.

Granted, it probably passed through several hands before I purchased it so I'm sure it was reliable for prior owners, but not me. It was literally a single-shot pistol. No one was willing to fix it and I couldn't find spare parts.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
P95Carry said:
OMG - Rick, that has be something really wrong!!!! Sights surely must have been crazy! Wow!! :eek:
Yeah, I would have had to replace the front sight with a taller one...quite a bit taller....

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
I have actually had two.
A Winchester M190 .22LR Semi-auto tube feed. After a couple of thousand rounds the bolt broke in half. (length wise) It appeared to be epoxied together.

The other was an Astra A-80 45ACP that functioned fine but shot 12" low at 7 yards. I sold it about a month after buying it.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Currently, my Kahr/AO Thompson 1927A1. We'll see if they replace it or it turns into a $1000 target model. And I don't mean Olympic grade or for competition, but rather as a lead repository.

·
Administrator
143,840 Posts
I've had a few

A Walther P38 that was only good as a paperweight ~ what an awful handgun. My most despised firearm.

One S&W Chiefs Special that was a factory fit dog. I inherited it & never would have actually bought it.

One Stainless Ruger Mini 14 that I bought & then sent out right away (unfired) to be customized & it was a total factory lemon when I got it back. Later on I bought another one (used) & it was great. I dumped that one too though right after I bought my first Galil.

One early Taurus that freaking fell apart on me & (with multiple critical stoppages) & caused me so much frustration that I can now not even consider buying any firearm that bears the Taurus name.

One heavy (expensive) big game rifle that suffered from inexplicable sporadic & dangerous accuracy problems that I gave away with a full explanation of its idiosyncrasies to a shooter that was willing to mess with it.

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
Chome plated Jennings J 22. Made alot of lemonade with this gun though, bought for $60 and sold it for $40. Guaraneteed to jam atleast 1 time per magazine.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That sure was plenty QK - and pity re the P38 too - shame.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Norinco Uzi copy. Jam-o-matic. Even slam fired on me a couple of times. Only bad Norinco I ever owned.

·
Registered
835 Posts
H&R .22 revolver, hammer spring is too weak to fire reliably in double action, though it shoots OK in SA. It belonged to my great uncle, who I admired, so I'm stuck with the POS. Not really worth fixing, so it's stuck in my safe. Came with a great looking cowboy holster and cartrige belt, too bad it was made for someone with a 20" waist :p

Hate to admit to this one, but my tirst pistol was a Raven .25, paid $25 for it. Put one box of rounds through it, clearing a jam at least once per mag, and sold it for $10.

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Seecamp .32 that literally fell apart.

Davis Stack Barrel derringer in 22 WMR. The cross bolt safety fell out the side.

ParaOrdnance P10 & S.A. "micro" 45 both were Jam-A-Matics and I couldn't get thru any mags without an FTF or FTE. Even borrowed mags!

I had a Taurus M85 that worked but shot a foot low at 15 FEET.

I think that's about all.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had a Taurus M85 that worked but shot a foot low at 15 FEET
Wow that's bad. I know my ol' faithful ain't exactly a bullseye shooter but it gets on the paper well enough.

Assuming std sights it's hard to know how that could be so darned bad!!!

·
Registered
822 Posts
One early Taurus that freaking fell apart on me & (with multiple critical stoppages) & caused me so much frustration that I can now not even consider buying any firearm that bears the Taurus name.
Revolver or Pistol? I haven't had any problems with the .44spl that I have and I've yet to test the .38spl.

Funny, I had a J-22 that I've had no problems with as well as an AB-10. Now don't get me wrong, I wouldn't buy ones to replace the ones that I had to sell *grin*.

The Broomhandle sounds as if it had a shot-out barrel so it was basically a smoothbore. I've seen alot of them around, same with Lugers.

It wasn't a lemon but I got rid of a Kel-Tec .40 due to the LLLLLOOOOONNNNGGGGG trigger reset. When I tried double taps most of the time I didn't allow the trigger to fully reset so it was a "dead" trigger.

Wayne

·
Registered
473 Posts
a taurus 94. kept locking up in d.a. sold it to the local smith to tinker with. kinda weird because i had a 650 cia that was perfect. traded it for some cash towards a s&w 629. i also have a tracker .22 mag. that hasn't had a problem. accurate and fun to shoot.

·
1951 - 2011
496 Posts
Hello.

Colt 9mm Combat Commander: Unreliable and shot all over the paper.

Walter PPK/S American: Unreliable with other than ball.

SA XD9: Not so bad I guess, but it was an early one and reliably exhibited "First Shot Flyer Syndrome."

S&W Model 19 4": It simply would not group. It was the only one of several I owned that ever shot poorly.

Colt Series 70 Gov't Model: Unreliable. (Ramp had been cut improperly on that particular pistol.)

Best.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts