Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question since I've never done this before:

Bought a long gun from KTP in Maine ("Seller FFL") and live in Colorado and need a FFL for KTP to ship to ("Buyer FFL")

As I understand this now, all KTP needs is is a copy of the Buyer FFL (and a reference to me as buyer) and they'll ship to Buyer FFL's address; and

When long gun arrives at Buyer FFL's, Buyer FFL will have me complete the 4473 (The Firearms Transaction Record, or Form 4473), and upon the NIC, it's mine.

Do I have this correct, that the 4473 is completed when I pick up the long gun at the Buyer FFL's?

Many thanks!

Whoops..I spelled "Transfers" incorrectly too.....Me bad.......

·
Registered
368 Posts
I believe thats how it works.... i'm not much help, i know :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
pretty much, yes. All you have to worry about is notifying your FFL that a package is coming in, and letting him know who to get a copy of his FFL to. Upon arrival your FFL will have you come in to fill out the 4473, run the NIC, and hand it over.

I typically have the FFL open the package for me while I am there for a damage inspection. It makes it a lot easier to file a claim if UPS smashed it, or you were sent a box of circuit breakers instead of a rifle...

·
Registered
58 Posts
If I may interject, without trying to hijack the thread, what about transfer fees? Are those pretty standard or are they dictated by the FFL on the receiving end?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Dictated by the FFL on the receiving end, that is all he makes on the deal.

The guy I go through runs a flat $20. $15-$25 is pretty standard last I shopped around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts