Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get a gun shipped to me from my Dad, and he wants to do it legally, I asked around in Plano and the Bullet Trap an gunmasters no longer offer this service,can someone recommend somewhere where they won't attempt to charge a ridiculous fee to transfer this gun from Ohio to Texas??

·
Registered
130 Posts
Did you try the Pawn shops? I think they do it. I think there are links to FLL's at Gunbroker.com or GunsAmerica

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Odd, Gunmaster told me they still offer that service. Who did you speak to? GO see the older white guy with the mustache, I forget his name, but he is who I usually speak with when I have a couple of bucks pulling me in there.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I need to get a gun shipped to me from my Dad, and he wants to do it legally, I asked around in Plano and the Bullet Trap an gunmasters no longer offer this service,can someone recommend somewhere where they won't attempt to charge a ridiculous fee to transfer this gun from Ohio to Texas??
imfishintx,
What type of gun is it? Pistol, revolver, rifle, shotgun, etc. It does matter.

:wave:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
P7- It's an older Dan Wesson Revolver in 357, really a great gun, He has the 2.5", 6", and 15" barrels with it!! He's owned it since it was new and it hasn't been fired since the early 80's!!! I just want it before he decides to get rid of it to someone else!! :)

Paco, I just called them so I'm not sure who I talked to.

BTW I just bought a Springfield XD in .45, Also a great gun!!! Out of the box I'm shooting 4" groups at 25 yards, and 2" at 7 yards!!! Even the wife is deadly at 10 yards and see hasn't fired a gun in more years than she will ever admit too!!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
P7- It's an older Dan Wesson Revolver in 357, really a great gun, He has the 2.5", 6", and 15" barrels with it!! He's owned it since it was new and it hasn't been fired since the early 80's!!! I just want it before he decides to get rid of it to someone else!! :)
Just wanted to see if it was a rifle or shotgun. If it was either one there's no problem sending it through w/o an FFL. As it is a revolver, you'll have to use an FFL. Someone in the area should be able to direct you to one. Good luck.

:wave:

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
You can also check the Tx CHL forum...They have postings of ffl's in most cities in Tx, that are members of the forum...

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
You do not have to send it through a FFL holder unless the receiving FFL won't accept it any other way. But the ATF does not require it. However the transfer must take place through a FFL holder in the state of the receiver's residence.

In this case your Dad can ship it by FedX or UPS to your FFL holder, and that dealer can complete the transfer. If by chance he were to come to TX he could carry it with him and deliver it to your FFL dealer.
I have done it both ways in the past.

Regards,
Jerry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts