Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last couple of months I have been putting together basically a business plan to use my FFL however, I have a question about the FFL paperwork that I have not seen asked here. As we all know there are multiple copies of the documents. Do I need to hand write each copy or can I fill out one copy and then photocopy the others? I did order the packet from the ATF but I was hoping not to have to hand write each copy since I have carpel tunnel and it doesn't take but five minutes of hand writing before my hand starts to cramp. Any insight is appreciated!

Thank you,

Adam

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
For the last couple of months I have been putting together basically a business plan to use my FFL however, I have a question about the FFL paperwork that I have not seen asked here. As we all know there are multiple copies of the documents. Do I need to hand write each copy or can I fill out one copy and then photocopy the others? I did order the packet from the ATF but I was hoping not to have to hand write each copy since I have carpel tunnel and it doesn't take but five minutes of hand writing before my hand starts to cramp. Any insight is appreciated!

Thank you,

Adam
It has been several years since I filled out my FFL application paper work. From filling out a number of 4473's when buying guns before becoming an FFL, I was made aware by other FFL's of the importance of completely filling out all forms, not abbreviating unless it said otherwise, etc.

As I remember, I wrote out all the forms by hand. I think I also had my wife fill out some of the paperwork and we each proof read all the forms before submitting.

At the time, we didn't know what to expect but had heard a number of stories about how applications could be rejected. When we had our interview with an ATF examiner, she asked me to make a few corrections, said it was no big deal at all, had me sign my license and I was an FFL that day.

What I would tell you is that if you have ANY concerns or questions about filling out any application paperwork, copying, etc. do not hesitate to contact ATF industry operations for your region.

Yours would be the Phoenix Field Division. Call industry Operations. Just tell them you have a question. You don't have to give them your name. They won't ask.

The number to call for IO is: 602-776-5480 (if they haven't changed their number).

Reactions: jttar
1 - 4 of 4 Posts