1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
Sir, I doubt that your governor will get any input from his staff nor will he request or care about any input this late in the game. The majority of our elected officials don't vote as requested by their constituents, they vote along party lines, the will of their large campaign contributors, their personal mind set and nothing that could/would effect their re election bid.

It is evident that his office received much mail, both pro and con, on gun control and I am also quite sure the reply to this input, if at all, was an answer all form letter. We the people have all but lost our voice in the direction of our future......

·
Premium Member
36,725 Posts
Sir, I doubt that your governor will get any input from his staff nor will he request or care about any input this late in the game. The majority of our elected officials don't vote as requested by their constituents, they vote along party lines, the will of their large campaign contributors, their personal mind set and nothing that could/would effect their re election bid.

It is evident that his office received much mail, both pro and con, on gun control and I am also quite sure the reply to this input, if at all, was an answer all form letter. We the people have all but lost our voice in the direction of our future......
We still have our voices. Whether or not those elected to serve listen or not is up to them. How we then respond is up to us.

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
Regardless of the effectiveness (or lack thereof) of the emails, I have sent them, Rock. And, I wish you God Speed.

·
Registered
7,055 Posts

We have to do what we can and at this point, what else is there? If we fail here which it appears we will, it won't be because these guys didn't hear from us. If they choose to ignore us they must know they do so at peril of being booted off their gravy trains at election time.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Emails sent. Is he scheduled to sign them tomorrow?

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
Sent .

·
Super Moderator
24,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
US Army 1953-1977
‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
So.............You suggest I quit?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Sent - against Gun Control

·
Registered
396 Posts
Never quit.

I just contacted Hickenlooper. Is there any chance he vetoes?
Highly unlikely. If he does it would be on either the magazine ban or campus ban since they received the most attention via Magpul and the rape survivors.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I sent emails to Hickenlooper on these yesterday. I told him I will not return to the state of CO with my tourist dollars if he signs these bills. I will do it again tonight, and every night until the issues are decided.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Done

Reactions: wmhawth

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
"If you sign into law any of the pending gun control bills I will no longer visit your state and purchase goods and services there."

1 - 20 of 29 Posts