Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have carried a lot of different handguns. Let's see I have carried a full size 1911, a KelTec P11, Glock 26, LCP, S&W 642... the list goes on and on. I have appendix carried, pocket carried, carried at 4 o'clock, etc. My point is, I have taken a long road and tried a lot to find the perfect carry gun for ME. I have started carrying a Glock 43 in an Alien Gear holster. I also purchased a Sticky holster. For me (emphasis on 'me') it is the perfect size, while staying in a caliber that I feel comfortable enough in for self defense, 9mm. I really love my Glock 26, but it is spending more time in the safe now that it is warm and my 43 arrived. If you are considering a 43, I encourage you to do it. Let me know if you have any questions and good luck to all of you out there looking for YOUR perfect carry gun.

·
Registered
249 Posts
My 43 gets more carry time than my 19, especially as the heat and humidity continue to climb here in Texas. I added a Pearce +1 grip extension to all my magazines, giving me 7+1. I carry mine in a StealthGearUSA AIWB boosters and a spare mag in a magazine holder fro the same company. It's been flawless with the +1 mags. About 2000 rounds through them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Bought a 43 a few months back despite some negative feedback from a few buddies and forums in regards to capacity, value etc. My normal carry is a Sig P320 compact, but I was really looking for something a little easier and smaller for the summer. i.e. shorts, tank top weather. Picked up the 43 and can say I love it. I use a Blade Tech AIWB holster and the thing pretty much disappears. Also, I'm pretty happy with my ability to shoot such a small gun fairly accurately at 8-10 yards, lol.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Congratulations on the Glock 43! Hard to argue with that choice. I had one for a while and found it to be 100% reliable in over 750 rounds of shooting.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Congratulations on finding your perfect cw , my wife has a 43 that she carrys it's been a great cw for her 100% reliable ,

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Congratulations! :congrats:

Your trials & eventual opinion matches those of my MOST experienced shooting buddy. Having run HIS G43 thru every drill our ammo-stash would allow, it's an easy decision to make. :yup:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I loved the G43 so much that I bought two of them. But the deal breaker was my right thumb riding on the slide catch release, which prevented me from going to slide lock reliably. Does anyone else have this problem? Have I over reacted? I eventually sold both guns and went back to a Gen 4 Glock 26, with a Ruger LCP2 for summer and deep cover.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I've thought I'd found the perfect gun many times. Still waiting to find my next perfect gun. lol

OP, congrats on the pickup. Wear it in good health.
Agreed, I'm on multiple renditions of perfection.......

Worst part is I always use a 2-gun approach, compact and a subcompact withe the same trigger/controls, so instead of having single "previously carried" guns hanging around I have pairs.

OP, congrats and the next version of "perfection" is always just around the corner.

It's a journey..........

Chuck

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
19,655 Posts
Congratulations on finding your perfect carry gun. My perfect carry gun is usually one full size plus one pocket size from many in my safe depending on where I am going and what I am doing that day.

Reactions: PhaedrusIV

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
All the "degrees' of perfect. Im still looking! :smile:

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have about 12 perfect carry guns, depending on my needs, the others I sold off, I don't own any Glocks, I live in Massachusetts, so I am not willing to pay twice the amount they are worth. LONG STORY in this state.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Congrats! I have a 43 and like it a lot. It however sits in the safe most of the time next to all the other carry guns that I don't carry very often. Lately I have been on a Smith 642 and Springfield Mod 2 45ACP kick.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts