Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for the S&W Shield in the .40cal and I finally found it. Now I may pass the Taurus TCP .380 to my loving wife who also has her CCW. I am really surprised how thin this SHIELD is! Compared to the little .380 it is slightly large even though it is a .40cal. Of course that is with the smaller magazine. So far it fits in my back pocket just like the little TCP did. Just the tip of the handle sticks out by 1/4 inch. I may carry this way or IWB holster.

Couldn't believe I found one. The store just got it in this afternoon and they received 2 and both are gone already. Can't wait to take it to the range.

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
Cool, congrats! I saw one last week at Cabelas, middle of the afternoon on a Friday. I ALMOST bought it to flip but decided I wasn't going to be 'one of those types'...

I wish someone would make a 357 Sig barrel for the .40 version, it would have the same capacity and would pack some serious punch in a small package. Last I had heard, Storm Lake was taking names for a list to possibly make one.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, congrats! I saw one last week at Cabelas, middle of the afternoon on a Friday. I ALMOST bought it to flip but decided I wasn't going to be 'one of those types'...
OK..I will bite. What is "one of those types"? LOL......

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
OK..I will bite. What is "one of those types"? LOL......
People who are buying guns they have no want/need for and are just doing it to resell immediately for a profit. These days, getting a Shield, especially a 9mm, at MSRP is rare and given the popularity around here I could then sell it myself privately for probably $600.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
People who are buying guns they have no want/need for and are just doing it to resell immediately for a profit. These days, getting a Shield, especially a 9mm, at MSRP is rare and given the popularity around here I could then sell it myself privately for probably $600.
OKOK....I see.....Nope, I can say I am not one of those types. I wanted this pistol, no need except I wanted one. LOL. I hope to pass this on to one of my daughters who like to shoot when I leave this world. I am sure it will hold it's value and will operate as design for many years like my old AMT Automag-II.

I do see a lot of these bought up and resold for a profit. To each his own. I have even see the carbine I recently bought selling for 300-400 bucks more than it sells for. Sorry...it's mine and I like them. :)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Awesome pistol

·
Registered
773 Posts
Took my shield to the range yesterday and shot 300 rounds of 9mm @ $15.99 a box. You actually forget you are shooting a sub compact single stack. What other gun this size can you go shoot 300 rounds per hour with no failures and no fatigue? I have yet to find another as capable, its like your shooting a full size gun minus the capacity. The .40 cal version might wear you out a little quicker but There is definitely some advantages in the upgrade in power over the 9mm. I carry mine in a Foxx hybrid @ $35.00 you cant beat it for the price. I wore cargo shorts and white hanes undershirt yesterday and was still able to conceal the shield at my 4:00 with the flush mag. Excellent gun to carry this time of the year when it is hot out. Congrats

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't wait to put this into my EDC line up. Now to find a small thin holster for it.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I am looking for one in 40 also, I do not want to add another round to my collection. I look forward to the range report.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just found a DeSanti pocket holster. This little .40 fits in my back pocket perfectly just like the Taurus TCP.380. I also picked up a Bulldog case for the Taurus since my wife wants to carry it in a "cellphone" case so it looks like a cell phone. Her pockets are too small. Now we can both carry and back each other up. :)

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Congrats, the shield was my second choice behind a glock which I ended up getting. I probably would have opted for the 9mm but it is very thin and looks like it would conceal nicely. Enjoy it

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here are some pics comparing it to my Taurus TCP. The TCP is pretty close to the Ruger LCP. In the pictures, the Taurus TCP is on top and the M&P Shield is on the bottom. Notice how close in size they are except the Shield is a .40cal and a little heavier.
Image3.jpg Image1.jpg Image2.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts