Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The elusive early Gen4 with the "frying pan" finish. I've been hunting for a few months and one was offered in trade for my grey frame G19. The trade didn't work out but I made a cash offer and it was accepted. I wish Glock never stopped using this finish. It's so much more durable than the newer matte finish they are using.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Good job!

Reactions: SnoMan97

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
My G23 has the shiny black, slick finish, you are right it's pretty good.

Reactions: SnoMan97

·
Registered
18,545 Posts
You can scrape that finish off and it will still not rust.

Yeah, I hear you OP; a nice finish is good, but really a moot point on a gun meant to run hard and fight with.

Im really glad you found what you want, but I like to get mine worn, scratched and dinged.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Nice. Glock is getting a lot of flak for there new finish. Hope they wise up and get back to making quality finishes that there known for because I won't be buying another one till they do.

·
Registered
401 Posts

Yeah, I hear you OP; a nice finish is good, but really a moot point on a gun meant to run hard and fight with.

Im really glad you found what you want, but I like to get mine worn, scratched and dinged.
This is one of the main reasons I've got a G19 coming in 10 days. I've got a couple of very "pretty but capable" guns in my collection. I wanted gun that was capable, but not worth the worry if it got a bit worn or Scratched.

·
Registered
701 Posts

True. This one had no finish for Five years and didn't rust.

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts

I like mine to have some earned character as well. That said, my 19 has that frying pan finish and that sucker hardly shows any wear at all; it's almost a little bit annoying given how much use it's seen over the years.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
True. This one had no finish for Five years and didn't rust.
You turned a G19 into a "shiny sissy-pistol"?!? :gah:
(...looks good, I LIKE it! :biggrin2:)

Reactions: Walk Soft

·
Registered
973 Posts
I prefer that finish as well on my 19 gen 3 but the look of wear on my G43 doesn't bother me. Of course it may finally convince me to try cerakoting on the 43. The look of that polished slide Walk Soft posted actually appeals to me. I wonder how the G43 would look with that?

·
Registered
701 Posts
You turned a G19 into a "shiny sissy-pistol"?!? :gah:
(...looks good, I LIKE it! :biggrin2:)
Yeah. It was a gen2 police trade in that had a lot of holster wear. I mainly just wanted to see if I could do it. I recently had it Cerakoted being that I'm not really a shiny gun kind of guy. Plus, you couldn't touch it without leaving a smudge or finger print.

·
Banned
3,284 Posts
LOL! Good for you!

LOL! About the "frying pan finish". Teflon?

Everyone should have at least one Glock 19. The world would be a better place.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts