Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picked up a bushmaster AR15 last friday morning. have been wanting an AR for a long time and finally saved my $s and got one. i plan on getting a high end reddot sight or an eotech sight for it and will be putting other upgrades on it soon. the model is xm15 E2s. its got the handle iron sights. i picked up 2 30 round pmags for it and 180 rounds mostly 223 but got a few boxes of 556 also.. thanks for reading

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Ditto on Burns' post. But until the pics...consider this a preemptive congrats!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ill put some on when my g.f gets home their on her phone and ill transfer them on here. just looks like a black ar15 though lol. wanto put some attachments on it so it doesnt look like everyother Ar out their

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Congrats! Haven't gotten the AR bug yet myself, but I'm slowly coming around on the idea. Post a range report when you get to send some lead downrange, and yes we need pics :yup:!

·
Super Moderator
18,484 Posts
Oooooooh one of those evil black rifles. Congratulations.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i went and shot it saturday the day after i got it.i shot 80 rounds through it some winchester and some tulammo. didnt wana shoot steel through it but i couldnt find anything else. i loved it and it shot great, thats the second time ive shot an AR. the iron sights were actually pretty accurate. was shooting at targets at about 25 30 yards and it was doing good. the more i shoot it the better my shot placements will get though.

·
Premium Member
6,622 Posts
i went and shot it saturday the day after i got it.i shot 80 rounds through it some winchester and some tulammo. didnt wana shoot steel through it but i couldnt find anything else. i loved it and it shot great, thats the second time ive shot an AR. the iron sights were actually pretty accurate. was shooting at targets at about 25 30 yards and it was doing good. the more i shoot it the better my shot placements will get though.
Congrats:) Btw, dont worry one bit about shooting steel cased out of your AR. It wont hurt it one bit.

The main question is generally WILL your particular AR handle steel cased. From what you say, yours did well with it. So consider yourself very lucky, if so. You will save a fortune if thats the case.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Clean it well removing the factory grease and then oil it very heavy where the steel rubs on the steel, bolt carrier etc and it should run just fine.

One of the problems most new owners of AR run into is trying to fire it without removing the factory packing grease.

The rifle will jam and you will want to get rid of a good rifle that just needs cleaning.

If the bolt carrier even fills the least bit sticky clean it with Hoppers #9 solvent, and oil it with gun oil.

Great rifle shoot it and enjoy it!!!!!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Those Irons will be accurate out a lot farther than just 25-30 yards! You can hit a human sized target without too much trouble at 500-600 yards with those Irons.

Great looking rifle!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Congrats on the new addition! Glad you were able to find some ammo. Let us know how you like it after you've wrung its tail a little. ;-)

·
Registered
176 Posts
The main question is generally WILL your particular AR handle steel cased. From what you say, yours did well with it. So consider yourself very lucky, if so. You will save a fortune if thats the case.
Every quality AR out there can handle steel cased ammo. Keep your bolt wet, and let it get dirty. No need to obsessive compulsively clean it after every range trip. It should still be 100% reliable. BCM, Colt, Spikes, Noveske, Larue, LMT, Daniel's Defense all run 100% regardless of if you're using Tula/Wolf/Brown Bear or 60¢ per round premium brass.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I'm sorry to tell you but your new rifle is a POS. It will have a catostrophic failure the very first time you have to use it in a defensive situation.
Sure it my work every time at the range but thats not whats important. Here's is what you should do before its too late.
You should sell it to some poor unsuspecting soul for a profit and buy a real AR such as Colt, Bravo Co, Noveske, Daniels Defense.
Anything less is just a piece of crap.

Just kidding of coarse. I figured I'd have some fun before the experts arrive!

·
Super Moderator
22,319 Posts
Congrats on your new AR. :hand10:

·
Registered
10,313 Posts
Congrats! Haven't saved enough for one myself yet, mainly because my body seemed to suddenly develop a massive handgun deficiency. But someday.

·
Banned
76 Posts
I like ARs from Armalite, Colt, and BUSHMASTER.
You are on the right track.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks for the feedback. i looked at cleaning & greasing/lubing videos and now i know how to take my ar all apart which i like to know on all my guns. my friends were saying i should get a ak47 or 74 but i wanted an all American gun! to me the ak47 is an American killer and i dont want that kind of gun in my house (no offense to any one who has one)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts