Defensive Carry banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's official I can finally start carrying now that I have my Old Faithful holster. I haven't really tried it on but putting it together was simple. I may have to tweak things once I start using it. I do worry about the t-nuts on the backside as I couldn't sink them completely into the leather backing. Anyone have any tips? I look forward to using it and I hope it is comfortable to use every day.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
I started putting mine together last night as well and I had a little trouble with that as well. You might want to try drilling a small hole in a board that is planed and line that hole up with a hole in the holster and hit it with a rubber Mallet

·
Registered
414 Posts
In the bag of parts there should have been a square piece of leather with a hole in the center. When assembling the holster and pounding the t-nuts from the backside, you would have the square piece of leather between your work surface and the holster so that the "pin" of the t-nut is lined up with the hole in the leather so as to allow you to sufficiently hit the t-nut into the leather til it's flush. Hope that helps.

If my verbal explanation wasn't clear, their instructional video is helpful.

Stage 3 Concealed Carry Holster Kit Tutorial - Old Faithful Holsters

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
In the bag of parts there should have been a square piece of leather with a hole in the center. When assembling the holster and pounding the t-nuts from the backside, you would have the square piece of leather between your work surface and the holster so that the "pin" of the t-nut is lined up with the hole in the leather so as to allow you to sufficiently hit the t-nut into the leather til it's flush. Hope that helps.

If my verbal explanation wasn't clear, their instructional video is helpful.

Stage 3 Concealed Carry Holster Kit Tutorial - Old Faithful Holsters
I tried that and it did not seem like there was a lot of resistance when you pounded on it.

·
Banned
144 Posts
Use the leather provided as stated by others. Also use a hammer, rather than a rubber mallet as the video suggests.
You *WILL* want those t-nuts seated, otherwise you'll feel them on your hip / side.
I've had mine for a week or two now and am still in love with it. Still waiting for it to break in a touch more before I locktite the bolts.

·
Super Moderator
19,018 Posts
I found using a flat tipped screwdriver and driving the leather into the t nut from the front secured it well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.