Defensive Carry banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i was finally able to locate one. I essentially fell in love with the gun from day 1 that i saw it. And my god is it a dream to carry. I was carrying a sig 229 at 6 o'clock since it printed too bad at 330-4. I've been cycling between the OWB paddle holster, which i really like, and and IWB holster that the shop sold me for $50. It was made by swift draw. The gun dissapears in that thing. Love it so far and its night and day comfort wise compared to the 229. Just sharing initial impressions. 100% this is my new EDC unless im going somewhere where i can wear a jacket to hide the 229. For anyone in the Pittsburgh area, John Browns Armory seemed to get a few of them in recently if interested and they were great to deal with. Gun sold for $599. Traded in my 226 for it since I was never going to carry it and I have the 229.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Pictures or it didn't happen...

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
congrats. Does it have back straps that can be changed out to accomodate bigger hands?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Well i was finally able to locate one. I essentially fell in love with the gun from day 1 that i saw it. And my god is it a dream to carry. I was carrying a sig 229 at 6 o'clock since it printed too bad at 330-4. I've been cycling between the OWB paddle holster, which i really like, and and IWB holster that the shop sold me for $50. It was made by swift draw. The gun dissapears in that thing. Love it so far and its night and day comfort wise compared to the 229. Just sharing initial impressions. 100% this is my new EDC unless im going somewhere where i can wear a jacket to hide the 229. For anyone in the Pittsburgh area, John Browns Armory seemed to get a few of them in recently if interested and they were great to deal with. Gun sold for $599. Traded in my 226 for it since I was never going to carry it and I have the 229.
I have both a Glock G30SF and a Glock 36, I love them both. However, I, too, was seduced by the XDs. Once I brought it home, my wife picked it up and declared that she may want to carry it herself for CCW. But (fortunately for me) after she shot it, she felt the recoil was a bit too much for her to handle so she allowed it to return to me.

Best wishes on your new purchase!

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
I traded for a bitone XDS last week. But I dunno why, I felt dirty when carrying it. All over it it says "made in Croatia". That really bugged me. So I dumped it for the Shield. Good old made in the USA gun feels much better on my hip. What was Springer thinking? The XDS was a SWEET shooter and a great pistol, but I just felt like a communist.

Glad you like your new pistol, it is indeed a fine weapon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts