Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had my MN carry permit for maybe 4-5 months now. But last weekend was the first time going somewhere in MN and being able to carry! Otherwise I've OCed quite a few times at Wal-Mart and a few other places in Onalska, WI.

Went to MoA Saturday. Carried CC for my first time. Carried the Ruger LCP in pocket holster in my front right pocket. Had to move the phone to my pocket with my keys, but it worked out fine. Pretty much forgot the gun was there, until I put my hands in my pocket and was holding onto it. Love the feeling of being able to actually hold onto my gun, with nobody around me knowing!

My fiance doesn't like me open carrying for the mere fact that people can see it and it draws attention. But she was fine with me carrying concealed this weekend. We drove from Wisconsin so the gun was in a case until we got to the mall. The mall was the first stop, else I would have put it in my pocket sooner. About an hour into the shopping she asked me if I even had it with me. I guess she didn't see me pull it out as soon as we parked and load it!

We stayed in a hotel Saturday night, then Sunday morning drove to Cabela's before coming home. Had the gun in my pocket from the time we left the hotel room until the time we left Cabela's (at which point I unloaded it and put it back into the case because the next stop was home).

Anyways, was a very nice weekend finally getting to carry a concealed weapon. Everything just felt right! So much less stressful than OCing like I have to here in WI. Now to do it again when I take a vacation to Orlando in February!:comeandgetsome:

·
Registered
785 Posts
You will learn more and more to dress around the gun. You will learn that you always print less than you think you do.

You may also learn that the courts may put a lot of emphasis on the INTENT of a "no guns" sign than on the actual wording or placement. A mall can't ban guns? Well, you just try that out one day. A mall is not a "landlord" and you are not "tenant". You might want to talk to your local D.A. and find out the truth before you end up quoting all that law from a holding tank.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Well done on your first carry.

They get easier.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Congrats logan! Now all you have to do is run for Governor and change all that. :hand10:

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Congrats. I agree about the LCP, mine rides in my front pocket at all times. Great little advantage maker if it has to be.:hand5:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Wisconsin and Illinois are in a different country.

Even California has CCW. Limited but capable. What do we have to do to get Illinois and Wisconsin to join the rest of the U.S.? Why don't we just give King Richard Chicago as his country and separate the rest of us from them?:king: I have no explanation for Wisconsin. Maybe it's a border thing. Look at Indiana. I know a lot of people who work in Chicago and live in Indiana.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Congrats on the CC, but is there no chance of moving?:image035:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Love the feeling of being able to actually hold onto my gun, with nobody around me knowing!
hmmmm I would be careful on your wording... LOL just don't fondle it or people might think you are a perv.

:rofl:

oh and back on topic, congrats. you will begin to feel naked with out it the ccw that is,

·
Registered
1 Posts
You will learn more and more to dress around the gun. You will learn that you always print less than you think you do.

You may also learn that the courts may put a lot of emphasis on the INTENT of a "no guns" sign than on the actual wording or placement. A mall can't ban guns? Well, you just try that out one day. A mall is not a "landlord" and you are not "tenant". You might want to talk to your local D.A. and find out the truth before you end up quoting all that law from a holding tank.

Good luck!
Actually, as a MN carry permit instructor, I can speak to this.

MN has one of the best-worded carry laws in the nation. The courts don't have any wiggle room for intent whatsoever, because there is absolutely no penalty for merely carrying in a signed environment.

A mall may not ban guns in MN, actually. Malls are landlords by definition. Individual stores may ban guns, if they like. MOA is a running joke. We just laugh and conceal.

-Mark

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hang in there. I recall when the wife ran into the room wondering what I was shouting and dancing about......Kansas had just won the right to CC. I was elated! Still waiting on WI. It will happen.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats on the CC, but is there no chance of moving?:image035:
I had thought about moving to the other side of the Mississippi River to MN...but then my drive to work would be even further. I need to find a job in MN and move there for it...or maybe even Utah!

But the chances of moving are probably pretty slim...I'm young and have no money saved up...living paycheck to paycheck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts