1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I think my last 25 yard grouping was a bit wider than that. Kimber Gold Match II. I'm hoping to tighten it up, I've got a laser boresight on order that should be coming any day and I'll tune the sights to my liking.

·
Registered
42,916 Posts
Looks like a lot of serious hits to me.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
Pretty good for the shooter that hits the range at least once a month or more,I shot my Colt XSE 1911 Commander last Sunday at 25 yards and your group looks better,but my target didn't survive either
IMHO most SD shootings are well within 7 yards and only a few scenarios would call for 25+ yard shots,it's important to know what you and your pistol can do at those ranges.

Reactions: ChrisATX

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Roughly handspan width and height, with one flier. Not all that bad, for a newly-refurbed gun that's new to you. Of course, it's not quite like the little Army training video recently posted (http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...g-wwii-video-effectiveness-us-small-arms.html).

I'll bet that once you get more comfortable with the balance of that particular gun that you'll find your groups halving. (Presuming your eyesight is decent.)

Congrats, again, on the new pony in the stable. :yup:

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
That's a bunch of serious leaks.

Reactions: ChrisATX

·
Registered
931 Posts
NYPD would be drooling if they could group that tight at 5 yards ... (joke)

·
Banned
76 Posts
The handgun is the ultimate in self defense to use up to 50 meters.
The Army requires a handgun to shoot and hit at 50 meters.
The Army has the M9 now and the 1911 before.
To date these autos are fine in my opinion.
I'd still give the Army a run with a Colt Single Action Frontier Six Shooter in .44-40 WCF but the days of shooting a handgun with limited rounds (6) are over today. The Army used the SAA Colt in .45 Long Colt quite successfully in the days marksmanship counted.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
By closely studying the photo I have concluded that every one of those shots would have hurt.

·
Banned
436 Posts
Bad? Hell, if that was a BG, he would have bled out about half way between 25yd and you and your family and you still would have had time to phone a friend between mag changes.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
That is darn good shooting my friend.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
US Army pistol range for competition is 25 and 50 yards all one handed. At least it was when I was on the pistol team.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts