Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully... my search is over. I kept looking and looking for a large caliber handgun that was concealable. I have found it and I dropped the hammer today.
Monday , the local gunshop got in a stainless Para-Ordnance 12.45 LDA in trade. It looks only to be handled. It was probably a safe queen. The gun doesn't have the new power extractor.
It is very inpressive for a DA pistol, with a 3.5 " barrel. Its good to have that double stacker mag. Its gonna give me a lil' better grip and more ammo with the smaller gun, so to speak.
I think I got the right gun for the job...
Please give me your experiences, or tips with the LDA para if you have any. I'm all ears and smiles, just look at my avatar ! :biggrin2:

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
Don't have the LDA but I do haave the full size P-14 and LOVE it. I've put probably 5,000 rounds through it of hard ball and various HPs without a single problem. I do find it as easy to hide (maybe even easier) as my Glock 19 and having 14 rounds of .45 is a nice feeling.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
No personal experience with that particular handgun. However I wanted to say "Congratulations" on your new gun. :hand10:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Congrats...
Let us know what you think...

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Nice pick up artz, I not a Para owner but have heard lot's of good things about the LDA trigger and has been dubbed the nicest out of the box DA going.

Were's your picks mister?

Ti.

·
Premium Member
6,539 Posts
I don't have any experience with it either, but I do have experience with finding exactly what I wanted...and there is no other feeling like it. Congratulations!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
I had a two-tone original P12 SA, but it never really "grew" on me. Actually the only gun I've ever gotten rid of, traded it for a couple of 22s. I did look at a single-stack Commander sized LDA recently that was really slick - let us know how you like it!

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
falcon1 said:
but I do have experience with finding exactly what I wanted...and there is no other feeling like it. Congratulations!!
thank you falcon1... it is the closest I can get. If I got what I wanted it would be the same gun but in 10mm... THATS my dream gun.
One day it might come true. After all....Wilson combat, Dan Wesson, and Taurus has plans in the making or is making 10's now... :yup:
But until then... this will work very well thank you.

·
Registered
814 Posts
My only issue with the Para is the mags. I have a P12 (Loving it, Chris) and the floorplates of all three of them are coming off. They are plastic and are just sliding forward off the mag body.

Pics will follow.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Congratulations, Artz!

Please post a range report after you run it through it's paces :hand10:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Oh heck Steve - it has to be those two after market ones that came with it. I did in all honesty resort to a dap of super glue to keep those bases in place. The factory mag tho never gave me any probs at all.

As a past P12.45 owner I can say that probably the best change is addition of the bulletproof extractor. I never realized for ages how the old cast original had lost so much of its hook. After the new one it rocked - which made it hard to get rid of actually.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Chris...if it came down to it and it broke or I just wanted to have it installed. Can I obtain it from para or other folks have'em or what ?:confused:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Art - just go to Brownells site - can't give you the page URL but a search will soon find. You could install that yourself - only the slightest need for small fitting adjustments.

If you have any prob finding tho - let one of us know and we'll check out part # in the catalog.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:smile: thank you sir !........

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Just checked in catalog -

''Wilson Combat 1911 Extractor'' - ''Bullet proof Extractor"

For series 80 - #965-415-080. $27.95 (page 100).

Come to think on it - I actually got the heavy duty version -

For series 80 - #965-101-080. $29.95 (page 100)

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Duh !!!!! :embarassed: I found it... :king:

"I see said the blind man in the middle of the deep, dark jungle at midnite" :gah:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Just so you see what the cast ones can become!!! -

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:blink: :gah: :gah: dang !

1 - 20 of 28 Posts