Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having a real hard time making up my mind about what would be my primary carry gun. I thought I had found the answer with my G23. It is extremely reliable and conceals well IWB or OWB. However, I can't get comfortable with it. I shoot much better with a single action, and the trigger guard is small and I rub my trigger finger on the inside of the guard. It rubs hard enough to be painful. Therefore, I've decided to get rid of the Glock.
Now, what to replace it with? I really like .40 S&W, so I'm staying with that caliber. I have spent several soul searching days deciding between a Sig 226 and a HK USP. Tonight, I ordered the HK. Now, I know I'll spend the next several days wondering if I made the correct choice. What do you folks think? (I know, old argument. I looked up the old threads) Anyway, wish me good luck and I'll let you know how I feel after I get the gun and try it out.

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
Oranges To Oranges

Two mighty fine Super Deluxe Primo Handguns.
Rest Easy selecting either or.
You'll be happy with your choice. :smile:
Congratulations on your handgun.
Now...to start shopping around for that perfect carry holster.

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
I have a 40 Compact and it's the Cat's meeeow. I'm sure you'll enjoy it

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
OG - I really doubt you'd be other than pleased with either. Fine pieces.

Yes too - feedback later is mandatory :smile:

·
Super Moderator
13,059 Posts
I promise you, you made a wise choice. Of course, I'd have said the same thing if you'd chosen the Sig 226.

Did you get the DA/SA or LEM?

·
Registered
940 Posts
I own both and wouldn't feel undergunned with either.

I only own one HK and a bit more than a half dozen Sigs, but the sentiment still stands.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered the DA/SA varient 1

·
Super Moderator
13,059 Posts
older gunner said:
You'll like it!

Unique things you can do with that version:

-Carry cocked & locked
-Carry DA/SA
-rack the slide with the safety engaged
-press check with the safety engaged
-cock the hammer with the safety engaged
-completely load and unload with the safety engaged
-field strip the gun with the safety engaged

I don't know about the .40 cal. - it may have too strong of a recoil spring to do this, but I can take my unloaded USP 9mm, engage the safety, insert a loaded mag, and rack the slide with one hand to charge the chamber. I don't have to press the slide or gun against anything. Although I can do this with a few other guns, none are as easy and consistent as the USP.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
older gunner said:
I have been having a real hard time making up my mind about what would be my primary carry gun. I thought I had found the answer with my G23. It is extremely reliable and conceals well IWB or OWB. However, I can't get comfortable with it. I shoot much better with a single action, and the trigger guard is small and I rub my trigger finger on the inside of the guard. It rubs hard enough to be painful. Therefore, I've decided to get rid of the Glock.
Now, what to replace it with? I really like .40 S&W, so I'm staying with that caliber. I have spent several soul searching days deciding between a Sig 226 and a HK USP. Tonight, I ordered the HK. Now, I know I'll spend the next several days wondering if I made the correct choice. What do you folks think? (I know, old argument. I looked up the old threads) Anyway, wish me good luck and I'll let you know how I feel after I get the gun and try it out.
I have been struggling with a similar problem, except I really like the 45 and I want a high cap 45 with more than 10rds and utterly reliable. I also have determined I only want a DA or DAO....so it came down to either a ParaOrdnance or the standard sized H&K USP with the 12 rd mags. I have decided on the H&K partly for it's stellar rep and recommendations from some of my closest buddies in the SpecOps community AND for the fact that it comes with a light rail upon which I can hang a gunlight or laser should I desire. Now it's just a matter of saving for the transaction. Should be ready to purchase by the end of the year.

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Carry it, enjoy it and never look back.... :wink:

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ExSoldier762 said:
I have been struggling with a similar problem, except I really like the 45 and I want a high cap 45 with more than 10rds and utterly reliable. I also have determined I only want a DA or DAO....so it came down to either a ParaOrdnance or the standard sized H&K USP with the 12 rd mags. I have decided on the H&K partly for it's stellar rep and recommendations from some of my closest buddies in the SpecOps community AND for the fact that it comes with a light rail upon which I can hang a gunlight or laser should I desire. Now it's just a matter of saving for the transaction. Should be ready to purchase by the end of the year.
Glad to hear experts like the HK. I feel better.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lt8tmgya said:
I'm sure you'll like the HK. And you can send the Glock to me!
You're too late. Sold it today. Mixed emotions--I hate to part with a gun, but this one had to go.

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
older gunner said:
A VERY WISE choice!! you can carry condition 1.......or as a D/A weapon.the choice is yours with that setup :biggrin:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts