Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After waiting almost three months my tuck clip holster Side Guard Holsters - IWB Holsters - Tuck Clip has arrived. It's a beauty and my gp100 3" fits perfectly. Now you clicked on here for the but right? well I'm finding that I don't want to stop carrying my p-85 for the sole reason that I can "currently" use my 17 rd mag. With the risk of losing that ability I am drawn away from carrying my gp100.

Anyone else run into this predicament?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I think that carrying overall supports the 'cause', regardless of which you choose. Enjoy that holster man! Or, alternate them - both are certainly deserving of some carry time.

·
Premium Member
24,512 Posts
It really isn't that unusual. Your use to the P85 and 17 rounds, going down to 6 makes you nervous. Force yourself to carry it and you'll get use to it.

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
Six + 1 is certainly enough for any civilian encounter...if you really think you need 17 rounds, you need to move out of THAT neighborhood.:rofl:...I'm just sayin'...

·
Registered
9,342 Posts
My carry is a SR40C it carries 9+1, and the extended magazine 15 (I hope never to have to use it, BUT...I kinda wish they stuffed just one more round into the carry magazine). Guess i just have to get better at shot placement)

·
Registered
680 Posts
Been carrying a P89 for a while now. Can't really think of anything else other than a j frame I would want to carry.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Whec just posted an incident where he felt the revolver might not be enough. OP, it might be time for a new gun. One that fits your carry size and capacity need....

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh no, I think I may have said that wrong. What I mean to say is that I feel obligated to carry my 17 rd mag while I can before some stupid law comes along and takes it away from me. Nothing to do with being under gunned :)

·
Registered
6,737 Posts
I love my Sideguardholster !

The good news is, whether it is your P85 or GP100, you can beat down the BG if you run out of ammo. :smile:

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
I find that usually off-set clips allow the holster to ride up in the front.....maybe not so much on the smaller wheel guns but I prefer a clip centered on the holster for maximum retention and no movement.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts