Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally after almost 4 months my Kimber Eclipse Target 2 arrived :danceban:
I actually got it almost 2 weeks ago but i wanted to wait & post pic's when i got the new Carbon Fiber grip's & wide-mouth mag-well here & installed. I love this pistol as much as the Ultra Carry already :yup:
In fact during the first range session with it we were hitting powerade bottles at 50 yards & just like the UC2 it shoots smooth as butter :image035:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Gorgeous:yup:

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
Swwweeeetttt

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Beautiful.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Beautiful gun. If I were ever to buy another Kimber, the Eclipse would be the one.

Hoss

·
Super Moderator
50,584 Posts
Certainly something to be proud of...:yup:
I love Kimbers...:hand10:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the nice replies everyone :bier:
I also wanted to say that yes iam still quite new to 1911's & among many gun shop's (yes Kimber too) they all made it out to be a big deal about putting the new mainspring housing in. I could not get straight answers from anyone on price or time to install. Iam sorry it just didnt seem like that big of a task to me. I was even willing to drive 100+ miles if someone would just say yes i can get it done for you in an hour or two & i could just take the pistol home. The only person that said they would (todd @ creative customs) who when i got down there to get the 1911 fixed i was going to leave my wife's PM9 there to get the slide "ceracoated" as well, but when i called him at 1 pm friday & left a message (which he still has'nt called back). I started burning up the internet searching for someone to put it in on saturday. Finally a gun shop in Auburn "williams" actually told me its not a very big deal & walked me through the steps on the phone (which i double checked on-line for like an hour so i had some pic's) & i finally decided to do it myself & like magic only 20 minutes later the new mainspring/mag-well combo was installed :danceban:
So people dont let the shops trick you its NOT that hard :wink:

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Thanks for all the nice replies everyone :bier:
I also wanted to say that yes iam still quite new to 1911's & among many gun shop's (yes Kimber too) they all made it out to be a big deal about putting the new mainspring housing in. I could not get straight answers from anyone on price or time to install. Iam sorry it just didnt seem like that big of a task to me. I was even willing to drive 100+ miles if someone would just say yes i can get it done for you in an hour or two & i could just take the pistol home. The only person that said they would (todd @ creative customs) who when i got down there to get the 1911 fixed i was going to leave my wife's PM9 there to get the slide "ceracoated" as well, but when i called him at 1 pm friday & left a message (which he still has'nt called back). I started burning up the internet searching for someone to put it in on saturday. Finally a gun shop in Auburn "williams" actually told me its not a very big deal & walked me through the steps on the phone (which i double checked on-line for like an hour so i had some pic's) & i finally decided to do it myself & like magic only 20 minutes later the new mainspring/mag-well combo was installed :danceban:
So people dont let the shops trick you its NOT that hard :wink:
Nice looking set.

And yes, You Tube has vids on mainspring swops.:yup:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Beeyootimuss!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Great looking Kimber! The Eclipse is a great looking Kimber and I really like the mods you did to it. I especially like the grips and have been thinking of getting a set for my Gold Combat. Enjoy your new toy!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sweet!!
I was pretty happy with my Eclipse with Hoags on it until i saw these.. scheech it seems we need multiple grips just like multiple holsters.. LOL
FYI: I also have a Eclipse Ultra 3".. to go with the Target 5" Love em!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts