Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been up here now for almost 9 months (was going to put in my application at 6) Well I had to go in for a name change since my birth last name didnt match what I have always gone as (didnt even know about it until I turned 18 and went for my driver licence) I never had a problem in the 50 years I went by the last name of my dad (step father) until I moved up here... Everything I have says my name is one thing and only my birth cert said another.

Well it is finally done and the application was turned in today at the Polk County Sheriff's office. Sheriff Mark Garton was a BIG help in every thing I asked from where to go for the name change to letting me know about the Sheriff's training site after I found out that the training I took form another site was not accepted any more in any Oregon county.

I am hoping to be able to start carrying again soon, I have felt naked and not very comfortable going certain places without the possibility of being able to defend myself... I am new to the area so I like to drive around and explore.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Hopefully a quick turnaround for your CHL.

Reactions: Anubus

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The process up here has been a very strange one, being I have been in California for the past 40 some odd years. I went to OfficeMax to print the certificate from the sheriffs office and the young girl behind the counter was all smiling and saying Congratulations and said that she had hers and was talking to her boyfriend into getting his.... (If you have ever been to Southern California, that would seen very weird) and when I was in today there were a few women in there applying for theirs (they were easily in their late 60's to early 70's) I just had to smile.

·
Registered
176 Posts
It took 41 days for mine here in New Mexico, hopefully yours comes faster or just as quickly! Oh and congratulations!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts