Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After trying several different models, I grabbed the one I should have got in the first place, a Smith 442.

This little j frame is a sweetie. Drops in the pocket and away you go. Am living with a Blackhawk pocket holster until the Mika gets here. This gun will take some getting used to, but I believe it will be well worth it.

I still want a 640 and a G26.......It just never ends, does it?

Yeah, I know. Pics or it never happened. Wife has the camera in her car, so you'll have to wait.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
After trying several different models, I grabbed the one I should have got in the first place, a Smith 442.

This little j frame is a sweetie. Drops in the pocket and away you go. Am living with a Blackhawk pocket holster until the Mika gets here. This gun will take some getting used to, but I believe it will be well worth it.

Yeah, I know. Pics or it never happened. Wife has the camera in her car, so you'll have to wait.
Great, now I'm totally freaking tortured.

Congrats on the new gun. I've been eying those myself lately.

·
Registered
6,753 Posts
Funny how when someone comes along and makes the right tool it just keeps on working. Enjoy shooting!

·
Registered
350 Posts

Congrats on a great choice, multistage. I'm biased, though; I carry the exact same setup in my right pocket every day. I carried my Kimber Solo daily for almost 2 years until I saw the 442 at my local Sportsman's Warehouse about 2 months ago. (I have always wanted a J frame) I still like my Solo, but the 442 is so light that I forget it's in my pocket.

Let us know how you like your Mika. I've been interested in one since a guy at a local gun shop showed his to me.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I always have my 442. I got lucky and picked it up early in my carry career. Actually before I even had my permit. Stumbled on a gem. I love it. I keep it in an uncle mikes pocket holster, though I am thinking about something that holds it more secure, though being able to cant it a bit in pocket has applications with some pairs of shorts I own. You will not be disappointed.

When I am DJing weddings, it is the easiest to conceal, and disappears in my slacks. Love it!

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
Congrats!!! My 442 was my first small concealed carry gun. Dozens more purchases followed it, but the 442 still gets a ton of carry time, especially when it starts warming up outside. I put a set of old school S&W j-frame wooden grips on mine. I think those old small wooden grips are the bomb. I also removed my internal lock flag, polished the internal contacts, and put a set of wolff springs (hammer and trigger return) in it and that just made it great!!! I've got thousands of rounds through mine after the spring swap and never a problem. Goes bang every time. With some focused training, you can get darn good with it too.

Reactions: ctr

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
I dont have a 442... but I do have an LCR, and if its as equally awesome as my LCR, you made a wise choice. My LCR sees more carry time than my glock or my other ruger. It is that awesome !!!!....oh and we dont feel like waiting, so pics or it didnt happen :)

Reactions: SmokinFool

·
Premium Member
8,833 Posts

The 442/642 is THE Smith for pocket carry. Reasonably priced compared to the lighter scandium frames (the latter which I have never purchased) and much lighter than the 640. Good choice.

·
Registered
20,611 Posts
Good choice!

·
Registered
44 Posts
The older (and fatter) I've gotten, I realized long ago that it's just easier to throw a J Frame in the pocket rather than strapping something on the hip.

This old thing is with me all day, every day. I rarely ever strap anything else on my hip anymore.

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
J frame, the best there is. Was my first choice and after flirting with some other choices over the years I always came back to the 637. Haven't looked for much else lately. Just works.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts