Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had ordered a Sig p365 from my local gun dealer around the end of September. It was about $100 cheaper than anywhere else I had looked. Got the call today and went and picked it up. I have waited before for 15 or 20 minutes for the background check and all. This time the background was done as quick as the debit card swipe. In and out in no time. They had no 9mm ammo but I had bought some before. Not shot it yet, plan to in a couple of days. Need to figure out what type holster system I want.

·
Premium Member
6,287 Posts
Had ordered a Sig p365 from my local gun dealer around the end of September. It was about $100 cheaper than anywhere else I had looked. Got the call today and went and picked it up. I have waited before for 15 or 20 minutes for the background check and all. This time the background was done as quick as the debit card swipe. In and out in no time. They had no 9mm ammo but I had bought some before. Not shot it yet, plan to in a couple of days. Need to figure out what type holster system I want.
Congrats on a great choice!

I bought one not long after they first came out. Liked it so much that when I saw a real good price in a LGS a few months later, I got a second one. Best combo of compactness, shootability, capacity, accuracy, and reliability that I've ever seen in a service-caliber CCW!

You'll like it! (y)

·
Premium Member
5,576 Posts
Congratulations. A fine pistol by all accounts.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Congratulations on your good fortune today, and thanks for sharing it with us. I am sure you will find much enjoyment from your P365. We originally bought one for my wife, and I liked it so much, I got myself one. I carry it mainly as a backup, but it's a fine enough pistol to be primary, as well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Excellent! Congratulations! Let us know how she plays on the range

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Something smells about this post. Why is this guy trying to make it look like you don't have to wait the required amount of time to buy a gun? Keep going and the feds will probably shut down you local gun shop for not doing a proper background check.
Anybody else get it? Something funny here?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Something smells about this post. Why is this guy trying to make it look like you don't have to wait the required amount of time to buy a gun? Keep going and the feds will probably shut down you local gun shop for not doing a proper background check.
No, I guess I don't get it. What I got from the OP was that he posted about the gratifying feeling of getting a new gun... Did I miss something?

Reactions: Kilowatt3

·
Premium Member
5,576 Posts
Nothing to see. Post is find.

·
Registered
99 Posts
My wife has the Bravo Concealment holster for the P365. You can carry it appendix or 3-4 o clock. She has her setup with caddy style in the appendix position. Nice holster.

·
Premium Member
6,287 Posts
Huh?

What smells? What is "the required amount of time to buy a gun"? OP said, "This time the background was done as quick as the debit card swipe." This is not at all unusual. He didn't say that they skipped the background check.

You may live in a state or jurisdiction that requires a specific waiting period, but thankfully, most of us don't. Since the NICS background check system was imposed in 1993, I've never had to wait more than 5 minutes for an 'OK', and it's often been completed, as the OP said, "...as quick as the debit card swipe". In shops that use the online NICS system, an approval sometimes takes on the order of 10-15 seconds. YMMV

So, no, I don't see anything "funny" here.

Reactions: Litespeed

·
Registered
233 Posts
I think you will like your new P365. I bought my first one in September 2018 after some of the initial problems were fixed. It has been perfect with every brand, bullet weight and power level of ammo that I have fired through it. I added a second one, another standard version, last year and then my wife gave me a XL version for Christmas. The standard ones have about totally replaced my much loved Glock 43s for warm weather or light jacket weather carry use and I expect the XL to do well in colder coat weather when I normally switch to my mid-sized Glock 19s or PPQ.

The P365 series are just most excellent handguns. Hope you can find some more ammo soon.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
If you find a 1911 holster for a defender , ultra or officers model your p365 will fit so long as its not all kydex . As a whole our family hates hard sided kydex specially for iwb . MY wife has several holster for her kimber ultra that fit our p365xl very well And a slightly longer 1911 holster allows you to carry higher on your side . We have an XL that my wife carries occasionally in her wright leather closer and stealthgear ventcore mini hybrid .

·
Premium Member
4,600 Posts
Nothing funny here if you live in a free state. I typically buy off the internet and have guns shipped to a local FFL. In Tennessee there is no waiting period, and we have the Tennessee Instant Check System (similar to NICS and may even directly connect to it). It takes longer to fill out the 4473 than it typically takes to get the TICS approval.

·
Premium Member
4,600 Posts
Welcome to Club 365. There is an entire sub-forum for P365s over on the Sig Talk forum. P365

I've been carrying the 365 since November 2017. It has been 100% reliable for me, and find it is just the right balance of size/weight/capacity. I've been tempted to try the P365XL with an RDS as I have become enamored of the RDS on my AR-15 and think as my eyes continue to suffer age related degeneration that the RDS may be the way to go for pistols as well. In any case, I'm very much a fanboi of the 365 series.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nothing fishy about the OP post. If you would leave a communist state and move to a free state like TN you would understand.

·
Registered
G19.4 - P365 - TX-22 - G42 (for now)
504 Posts
If you want a good inexpensive IWB try the Elite in a size 7 -- it's what I use for mine since I got it. Also have a SneakyPete -- great product.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts