Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, made the 400 mi round trip yesterday to Cabela's in Wheeling yesterday and bought the XD-40. Nice package deal. For less than $450.00 you cannot beat the price. If I get a chance today I'll try to to shoot it. It's so freaking hot outside right now. So far I like the way it carry's. Same size as the 380 Bersa cept for the width, that I lost to the wife. Now, back to reading and disassembling..:banana:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Another XD owner joins the (ever expanding) club :smilez:

XD's have to be the gun of the year IMO if apparent sales are anything to go by.

Hope you get to shoot soon but yes today - assuming SW PA is about same heat as you have - is blistering!!

·
Registered
729 Posts
I'm sure that you will love it. I have an XD-40sc and it's a great gun although now it's a safe queen as I carry a 1911. My wife tend to carry it every now and then. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Enjoy you new toy......... The Cabela's in Wheeling :)banana: ) is a must stop everytime I visit inlaws in Pittsburgh from outwest (Colorado).

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Nice, my girlfriend's XD 40 sure is pleasant to shoot.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I shot an XD9 Tactical a few months back...I DID NOT want to return the gun to its owner.....the XD45 is really singing its siren's song, but I'm trying to hold out for a Beretta Px4 in .45 ACP.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Billie40, I am sure you'll love your new XD. I bought a XD45-5" tactical and so far it is my favorite handgun I've ever shot. It will bring you many years of happiness.
If you didn't get the stainless slide, be sure to keep the blued slide well oiled, for I have heard of rust being a problem for some.
Anyway, congrats and have fun.

·
Registered
209 Posts
You folks keep talking about the HEAT... hmmmm... if you cant top 107, then you dont have any HEAT!! Now... humidity, yeah, you got me beat there, being probalby in the 80% range for you, but here it is 5%. They call it a "DRY HEAT", HA...

As for the XD's... you'll love them. I like my XD40 Service and it shoots very well, even for me with my shakey hands..

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
PAPACHUCK:
The finish on the XD45 is different from te other calibers, suppose to be much tougher and corrosion resistant. Can't understand why SA doesn't use it on all of their XDs but they don't. Check out http://www.hs2000talk.com for more on that, those guys know just about everything there is to know about the XD line.
Jack

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NevJohn said:
You folks keep talking about the HEAT... hmmmm... if you cant top 107, then you dont have any HEAT!! Now... humidity, yeah, you got me beat there, being probalby in the 80% range for you, but here it is 5%. They call it a "DRY HEAT", HA...

As for the XD's... you'll love them. I like my XD40 Service and it shoots very well, even for me with my shakey hands..
Once you get past 85 deg it's hot. Then add the humidity it's even hotter. 90 deg with 90% humidity is really hot. I know that you guy's out there have really been getting hammered with the heat. But my gosh it's not even summer here yet in the Eastern Panhandle of WV.:urla9ub:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Ok Billie40... know what you mean there about the heat + humidity... at least here in the desert, we dont have "5 shirts a day" syndrome!! Here, whatever sweat does produce, is quickly dried by the low humidity, which sometimes I think is worse than being sweaty, muchless "smelly".

Problem here is that is is so dry, that your nostrils dry up, and then you get nosebleeds or whatever. Darn "buggers" are so dry, that they feel like rocks, har...:rofl:

Have a good day,

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
congrats on the new gun Billie40, you'll probably love it! Not many bad things to read about XD's. I picked up an XD .45 acp tactical a few weeks ago and so far it's all they say it is, very nice gun!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Congrats on the new iron. I have an XD40sc and love it. I had a Glock 22, but it was hard for me to shoot well. Then, a buddy got an XD40sc and I got to shoot it side by side with my G22. I went straight to the toy box and traded that G22 away for the XD. Even with the shorter bbl, I shoot it much better. Heck, I shoot it better than I do my 1911.

Enjoy. Oh...I have a little over 1000 rds through mine.

Michael

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Congrats! I bought the XD 45 5 weeks ago, and absolutely love it!. I was a huge Glock fan, but the XD smokes "em. Enjoy the gun.

And NVJohn- It's 107 in mid June. I can't wait to see what we get in August! It got to 115 my 1st July 4th, in 1991. My girlfriend at the time took me the the Green Valley Country Club to swim. I tried sunbathing, but with my body fat level. I was afrad I'd start a grease fire.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts