Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sandy and I applied for our CCWs on our 35th anniversary in October. Finally got the call today: "Show up at the sheriff's dept. Monday for fingerprints and photos".

Looks like we'll have our permits next week. 56 years old, but never too late, I guess.

Now to order that holster from K-Man that I've been putting off since Thanksgiving. I guess I'll be carrying a J-frame until then. Sandy has decided on my (her) KelTec P3AT in a DiSantis Nemesis for now. She doesn't want the gun in a fanny pack.

Oh, my carry gun, if it works out, will be my Colt Series 80, at least in the winter.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
congrats, be aware , be safe , and above all be armed

·
Registered
698 Posts
Congrats Larry & Sandy!!

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
At last eh Larry - I wonder if some occasional badgering has worked its magic - maybe I mentioned it before and I'll bet Steve did :smile:

Good to hear - never too late - heck look at me! (on second thoughts don't - it may harm your vision LOL). Mind you, guess I was about same age when I kicked of so - kudos sir anyways.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
its funny Larry is in CO as am i , mine took about 14 days from app to in hand , most of that was cbi

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow! Our sheriff has decided to make this "shall issue" a money making deal. I asked him before and he said, "Yeah, just bring $50 down, fill out some papers and its yours"

Seems the state says he can charge "up to $100", now that's what it costs. $100 for the SO plus $52.50 for the CBI, gets darn expensive, especially for two of us.

Redneck Repairs, my I ask, what county are you in?

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Heck Larry - that is outa line IMO. ''Shall Issue - with appropriate payment of your savings''!

I know here is opposite extreme to many places but hell - even tho it's gone up it's just $25 or $26 - forget which. Plus it is - in my county anways - done on the spot - no crazy waiting to have it sent or collected - when they decide you can.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Larry Ashcraft said:
Wow! Our sheriff has decided to make this "shall issue" a money making deal. I asked him before and he said, "Yeah, just bring $50 down, fill out some papers and its yours"

Seems the state says he can charge "up to $100", now that's what it costs. $100 for the SO plus $52.50 for the CBI, gets darn expensive, especially for two of us.

Redneck Repairs, my I ask, what county are you in?
WOW!.......wow. Here in Michigan it cost you right around $250 in the end. Now THAT is what I call money making.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Larry i live down in Baca County how about you

·
Registered
138 Posts
Congrats Larry on your CCW permit. I have had mine for about 10 years now but have only recently become more active on carrying. Have to say good choice on the Colt, I am a big fan of the 1911.
Things here are pretty simple, received my permit the same day and payed $25 for a photo permit.
Good luck, be safe and stay armed.

·
Administrator
143,838 Posts
NEVER Too Late

"56 years old, but never too late, I guess."

For sure...it's never too late! :biggrin2:

Congratulations To You Both!:congrats:

Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Larry i live down in Baca County how about you
Pueblo County. Baca county is where San Luis is, isn't it?

Our sheriff, Dan Corsentino, is pure politician. He knows an opportunity to make money, for sure.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Baca is the most southeast county in the state , out in the boonies lol

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Good work!

Larry Ashcraft said:
but never too late, I guess.
Definitely not late at all. If you haven't needed the permit before now, think of the money you've saved over the years!

I got mine at about the same age, partly because my state (and yours) has only been "shall issue" for 2 or 3 years and I didn't seek a non-resident permit anywhere else before that.

·
Registered
793 Posts
d2thomas said:
WOW!.......wow. Here in Michigan it cost you right around $250 in the end. Now THAT is what I call money making.
Wow I paid $10 for a 4 year permit and got it in 5 days...and I sent mine in the mail
...hmmm
*duck* :wink:

·
Registered
275 Posts
raysheen said:
Wow I paid $10 for a 4 year permit and got it in 5 days...and I sent mine in the mail
...hmmm
*duck* :wink:

I'm not sure how it is in other counties but here in Kalamazoo county it takes about 45 days to hear back from the gun board.

the lesson - never take it for granted cuz you could live in michigan aka "the big suck".

1 - 20 of 23 Posts