Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sandy and I applied for our CCWs on our 35th anniversary in October. Finally got the call today: "Show up at the sheriff's dept. Monday for fingerprints and photos".

Looks like we'll have our permits next week. 56 years old, but never too late, I guess.

Now to order that holster from K-Man that I've been putting off since Thanksgiving. I guess I'll be carrying a J-frame until then. Sandy has decided on my (her) KelTec P3AT in a DiSantis Nemesis for now. She doesn't want the gun in a fanny pack.

Oh, my carry gun, if it works out, will be my Colt Series 80, at least in the winter.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
congrats, be aware , be safe , and above all be armed

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
At last eh Larry - I wonder if some occasional badgering has worked its magic - maybe I mentioned it before and I'll bet Steve did :smile:

Good to hear - never too late - heck look at me! (on second thoughts don't - it may harm your vision LOL). Mind you, guess I was about same age when I kicked of so - kudos sir anyways.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
its funny Larry is in CO as am i , mine took about 14 days from app to in hand , most of that was cbi

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow! Our sheriff has decided to make this "shall issue" a money making deal. I asked him before and he said, "Yeah, just bring $50 down, fill out some papers and its yours"

Seems the state says he can charge "up to $100", now that's what it costs. $100 for the SO plus $52.50 for the CBI, gets darn expensive, especially for two of us.

******* Repairs, my I ask, what county are you in?

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Heck Larry - that is outa line IMO. ''Shall Issue - with appropriate payment of your savings''!

I know here is opposite extreme to many places but hell - even tho it's gone up it's just $25 or $26 - forget which. Plus it is - in my county anways - done on the spot - no crazy waiting to have it sent or collected - when they decide you can.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Larry Ashcraft said:
Wow! Our sheriff has decided to make this "shall issue" a money making deal. I asked him before and he said, "Yeah, just bring $50 down, fill out some papers and its yours"

Seems the state says he can charge "up to $100", now that's what it costs. $100 for the SO plus $52.50 for the CBI, gets darn expensive, especially for two of us.

******* Repairs, my I ask, what county are you in?
WOW!.......wow. Here in Michigan it cost you right around $250 in the end. Now THAT is what I call money making.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Larry i live down in Baca County how about you

·
Registered
138 Posts
Congrats Larry on your CCW permit. I have had mine for about 10 years now but have only recently become more active on carrying. Have to say good choice on the Colt, I am a big fan of the 1911.
Things here are pretty simple, received my permit the same day and payed $25 for a photo permit.
Good luck, be safe and stay armed.

·
Administrator
144,928 Posts
NEVER Too Late

"56 years old, but never too late, I guess."

For sure...it's never too late! :biggrin2:

Congratulations To You Both!:congrats:

Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Baca is the most southeast county in the state , out in the boonies lol

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Good work!

Larry Ashcraft said:
but never too late, I guess.
Definitely not late at all. If you haven't needed the permit before now, think of the money you've saved over the years!

I got mine at about the same age, partly because my state (and yours) has only been "shall issue" for 2 or 3 years and I didn't seek a non-resident permit anywhere else before that.

·
Registered
275 Posts
raysheen said:
Wow I paid $10 for a 4 year permit and got it in 5 days...and I sent mine in the mail
...hmmm
*duck* :wink:

I'm not sure how it is in other counties but here in Kalamazoo county it takes about 45 days to hear back from the gun board.

the lesson - never take it for granted cuz you could live in michigan aka "the big suck".

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.