Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought the fingerprinting submission for FBI background check was required of the ccw applicant in all states that issue ccw licenses; however I recently read this is not required for the Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms. I wonder if there are any others...

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Indeed, no prints taken here for CCW application. I did tho have to do it for my FL non-res.

I think overall it is the exception rather than the rule, not having to do them.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Yes in Idaho

·
Registered
126 Posts
:image035: None in South Dakota

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts
It's an option at the County Sheriff's discretion in Montana. Mine doesn't require fingerprints.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Big yes in Missouri
Mike

·
Registered
163 Posts
Up to the individual county in Virginia

Most don't fingerprint. However, a bill recently in the state legilature would have removed the option altogether. Strangely, the most vocal opponent of removing the requirement was a county sheriff who doesn't even require it in his own county!

Go figure...

Rick

·
Registered
419 Posts
I've had the "5" cards done on me in a few States for CC Permits incl. here in GA.

·
Registered
135 Posts
No in VA. There used to be a requirment in Fairfax county but that changed recently.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yes in Indiana

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Yes for MA

No for NH

Note on NH NR - for NRs NH relies on the bg check that was done for your home/other state CCW that you must send a copy of to get your NH NR. That is how they turn them around in ~7 days (including USMail both ways).

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
MechE said:
No in VA. There used to be a requirment in Fairfax county but that changed recently.
Actually, it is up to the county in Virginia. A county may require fingerprints for the initial CWP application investigation (e.g., Chesterfield County does). HB1577, just passed and enacted by the state legislature and Governor (except for certain provisions which may not take effect until July 2007, if at all), eliminates the fingerprint requirements for renewal of an existing CWP.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts