Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Taurus PT 24/7 Pro Compact that I really like. It has been flawless in function over several thousand rounds, accurate and just feels right in my hand.

But, the Bluing is beginning to wear badly. I know that it shouldn't matter if the gun continues to work the way it should, paticularly if it is carried, but it does bother me and I would like to get it refinished.

I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

·
Registered
40,107 Posts
If it bothers you, get it refinished. Otherwise, keep it clean and oiled. Why the question? Obviously the appearance is important to you, so do what you need to do to get it touched up/refinished.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Hard Chrome; if you do this, you won't have to worry about it again, no matter how many rounds you put through it.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
"Wear" (to a certain extent) on a firearm's finish gives it character IMO. If I wanted to keep my firearms looking like brand new, in pristine condition, I would never use them, and they'd probably be under glass. If it bothers you greatly, you can touch them up, or refinish the offending part as a whole.

·
Super Moderator
18,131 Posts
I used to be somewhat nit picky about my firearms, but the several that I do tote have become somewhat worn. Anymore I dont care and as RamRod stated it gives them "character".

About the only thing that wont show wear much are the stainless guns, but even those will get a polished look on matt finishes where they wear in the holster.

And long as they work is really all that matters.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts