Defensive Carry banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
I was thinking it's very large, thanks for the verification. Nice looking product!!!

·
Administrator
144,927 Posts
Nice job molding the Kydex to the firearm. I do think that there is a good amount of excess material that could be trimmed off. :yup:
You'll want to be able to easily get into your front and rear pants pockets.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Nice job molding the Kydex to the firearm. I do think that there is a good amount of excess material that could be trimmed off. :yup:
You'll want to be able to easily get into your front and rear pants pockets.
Being in my Minimalist Period myself, I agree with QKShooter: use as little material as possible for a concealable holster. Good first effort, though, with plenty of grip access and all the controls cleared. A holster will conceal best at 4 o'clock, which would then mitigate towards an increased grip-forward angle of at least 20 degrees, too. The wide spacing either side of the pistol, though, is good in that it allows the Kydex to readily release the pistol, so well done there; a holster that doesn't let go when it should, is as bad as a holster that lets go when it shouldn't :)

·
Super Moderator
19,017 Posts
Nice job,make the next one smaller or trim the excess off this one. Also a bit less on the rivets or screws .

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
That is one solid looking holster friend! Congrats on a job very well done.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. I think next time I will trim the outside layer right up against where the rivets are, use less rivets, and have the back layers shiny side facing in, and then have the belt loops about half an inch away from the rivets to slender out the design.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
The holster looks much larger in the pic than it is but I am pretty happy with the final product. Let me know what you think.
View attachment 73914
:smile:
By the way...where did you get the materials for this project? I've been interested in tinkering around with Kydex as well.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.