Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took and passed our final exam tonight--graduation and get sworn in next Saturday.

All them young folks :wink: are still talking about how I outshot them and their high tech Glocks with my old 1911 :image035:

Now comes the "real" education--uniformed Patrol........

·
Registered
393 Posts
Thanks for keeping us updated. Good luck and enjoy the new part you your life. Stay safe out there, and do your best to bring calm to others

·
Registered
7,973 Posts
Congratulations!!!

·
Super Moderator
50,612 Posts
Congrats on the news! You should enjoy this new endeavor.:yup::hand9:

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
Congrats--

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Wll Done!

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the encouragement--I am looking forward to actually wearing the uniform and being able to do the job............and snub44--thanks for the constant reminder that nothing is "routine" :gah:

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
Congratulations and stay safe.

That special discount on coffee and lunch is not special it has a purpose. Your last name and integrity were given to you to protect and honor.

Honor thy Mother and Father

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Congrats!
Welcome to the world of Reserve Officers. I'm jealous, wish my department had a reserve academy for training. We get some, but it happens when the money is available, which isn't very often.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Congratulations, Padre!! Well deserved. It is not an easy feat to take on new endeavors, especially those that challenge us both physically and mentally. You have my utmost respect.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Congrats and enjoy your time in.

You have the right attitude . . . the Academy is merely a foundation, the real "learning" is on the street. I hope you get to ride patrol with FT officers as that is where you will really learn what it is all about. I did 17 years with no regrets.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Congrats .... stay safe

1 - 20 of 39 Posts