Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday i ran out 100 rounds of Fiocchi 115 FMJ from my Walther PPS. This was my first time using this ammo. I usually fire 100 - 200 rounds a week of various ammo. Frankly, when it comes to range ammo, I buy the cheapest I can get, (never steel.) The surprise came when I got home and went to clean my gun. The ammo was some of the cleanest burning I have come across. Clean, accurate, and good price. i will be looking for more.

·
Premium Member
5,814 Posts
Fiocchi is great stuff. You're right , very clean .

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
I like Fiocchi too. Only issue I've found is the rim design on their cases prevents me from being able to reload their 9mm cases.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
I like Fiocchi too. Only issue I've found is the rim design on their cases prevents me from being able to reload their 9mm cases.
What is the issue with the rim? Does it not fit a standard 9mm shellplate?

Reactions: flintlock62

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
What is the issue with the rim? Does it not fit a standard 9mm shellplate?
The rim is just a few thousands too thick, so the case won't fit the plate on my Lee Loadmaster. It has enough of a lip for an extractor to get a good bite, but it's not deep enough to fit the plate well.

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
I have used Fiocchi in .380, .357,9mm and .40 S&W for several years now and have never had a problem and the price has always been reasonable.

Fiocchi .380 XTP is my carry load in my Glock 42 and I have complete confidence in it.

FullSizeRender.jpg

The mag in the gun has a Ghost Plus 2 conversion which gives eight rounds in the magazine. Flawless function with the Fiocchi ammo.

Reactions: forester58

·
Super Moderator
18,839 Posts
I've tried Fiocchi in 7.62 Nagant, .380 ACP, and .45 ACP and it was first rate ammunition.

I did acquire quite a bit of their .455 ammunition to shoot in a Webley revolver kept here. I really wanted the ammunition so I could have the cases for handloading. This brass was very thin and about five out of a box of fifty would split upon firing. Their suitability for reloading was dismal with more losses to splits after being used the second time.

Reactions: WrongRecroom

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Fiocchi around here is a good bit more expensive than Federal American Eagle, Independence, S&B and WWB.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fiocchi around here is a good bit more expensive than Federal American Eagle, Independence, S&B and WWB.
I buy in bulk and prices vary almost like a commodity.

·
Registered
9,909 Posts
You guys know most of there line is made in the USA right ?

Only stuff I have seen that is not is some of the odd ball stuff and the older stuff ..Most of it is USA made now

I really dig them and PPU as they are only people still loading a lot of the old stuff like 8mm lebel , 455 , 9mm long and such and of course 762 Nagant

Good ammo and runs clean and hot ..

·
Registered
426 Posts
Love the Fiocchi round in all calipers I've tried. Never had a problem and have shot thousands of rounds of them.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"You guys know most of there line is made in the USA right ?"

No, I did not know that. Do you know where it is produced or by whom?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I have used a bunch of it and am always pleased at the quality.

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Fiocchiusa.com :image035:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts