1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Petition from The Tea Party
Defend Our Right To Bear Arms

Dear Patriot,

As President Obama and his radical lefty friends continue their assault on your gun rights with a constant attack on the Second Amendment, there are some in the Senate who have vowed to stand for freedom. Tea Party Senators Mike Lee from Utah, Rand Paul from Kentucky, and Ted Cruz from Texas recently sent a letter to Obama’s buddy Harry Reid which stated, “We will oppose the motion to proceed to any legislation that will serve as a vehicle for any additional gun restrictions.”

Stand with us and help us send a message to DC that our right to bear arms shall not be infringed!

These men are taking a stand for us and for freedom and we need to show them that we have their back. SIGN and SHARE this petition to say loud and clear that government should take their hands off our guns!

Sign Petition here: Defend Our Right To Bear Arms | TheTeaParty.net

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Done and sent thank you for the posting.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Done!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Done and thank you.

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
Done

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
Oh, I did it... but hotdammit, those of us in this battle need to quit misquoting and mis-attributing Quotes...

Jefferson never said: “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” as was quoted in the call to sign the petition, it was in a book he owned.

proof of that: LINK

·
Administrator
143,739 Posts
Oh, I did it... but hotdammit, those of us in this battle need to quit misquoting and mis-attributing Quotes...

Jefferson never said: “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” as was quoted in the call to sign the petition, it was in a book he owned.

proof of that: LINK

Actually Jefferson did say that. :yup: One of my ancestors was in the same room standing right next to him when he said it. The proof was in my old family journal but, unfortunately that burned in a fire. But, Jefferson did say it.

See...if I follow the Radical Left playbook and I tell that story often enough...it will eventually become the truth.

To quote our forum Secretary Of State when asked for the truth...."What does it matter at this point!!!" :mad:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Done

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
Actually Jefferson did say that. :yup: One of my ancestors was in the same room standing right next to him when he said it. The proof was in my old family journal but, unfortunately that burned in a fire. But, Jefferson did say it.

See...if I follow the Radical Left playbook and I tell that story often enough...it will eventually become the truth.

To quote our forum Secretary Of State when asked for the truth...."What does it matter at this point!!!" :mad:
Oh, it matters, QKShooter, it matters.

Why does it matter?

1. It matters because it is the truth. And the TRUTH will set us free.
  2. It matters because we are better than them, and we need not stoop to their level by twisting the truth.
  3. It matters because we portray ourselves as law abiding citizens, and for the most part we are.
  4. It matters because we accuse them of "projection" when they don't trust us with what they consider "Battlefield Weapons."
  5. It matters because we brand them as fact/statistic/victim toll tweakers, "spin doctors" and liars.
  6. It matters because we are honest.
  7. It matters because we use FACTS for our cause, not Emotions.
  8. It matters because we are right.
  9. It matters because evil is loose in the world and we cannot be a part of it (not even one iota).
  10. It matters because Second amendment protects the First and all the rest.
  11. It matters because it is true that the only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun.
  12. It matters because the only thing that will stop a good guy with a gun is a Government that takes them away.

It MATTERS... A LOT

1 - 20 of 31 Posts