Defensive Carry banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets hit this poll & try & change the numbers.

Current Status
Today’s Opinions poll
Do you support the Manchin-Toomey plan to expand the national gun background check system?

Yes 84%

No 16%

272 people have taken this poll.

Poll part way down page on the right. Link: The rush to a bad gun-control law - The Washington Post

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I think its a good thing a deal we should support. I think background checks should be done on internet saleas and gun show sales.

I also like the bills provision making it a felony to try to make a gun registry or to share cwp names with anyone.

Whayt is not to like about this bill?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
I think its a good thing a deal we should support. I think background checks should be done on internet saleas and gun show sales.

I also like the bills provision making it a felony to try to make a gun registry or to share cwp names with anyone.

Just to blow the smoke off the mug its infringement of the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution by those with no authority to do so.
Other than that if you really read the bill theres about a metric ton of things wrong with it.

·
Premium Member
9,422 Posts

Waives HIPAA law and allows medical information to be pushed into the NICS database. That's grand.

Makes it illegal to sell a gun from one private citizen to another if the offer is posted on some public forum. Basically this ensnares almost ALL gun sales so "checks" and records can be kept. Foundation for a registry when, after the NEXT shooting, additional laws are enacted "To save the children."

You need to see beyond this bill and to the next.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
The problem with the bill and survey's concerning it is it lumps it all together.....

Do you support background checks for gun shows, internet sales and private sales? There in lies the problem... You have those that support it for background checks but not private sales so they are forced to say yes.......

One major problem with the proposed bill is it far too much power to the U.S. Attorney General...........

Also keep in mind that this poll is on the Washington Post(anti gun) site..............

·
Banned
192 Posts
This background ck.,deal,just makes me kinda wonder.One thing they are trying to pass,these background cks.,when they know,it won't do any good.Any change,get's their foot in the door,and that's not a good thing.

·
Super Moderator
18,247 Posts
All of it...because it sucks.

Its all about UNIVERSAL BACKGROUND CHECKS. Also known as "gun registration" for those that are too dim witted to figure it out.

Of course, they wont call it what it really is. They'll pretty it up with crap that they dont care about in hopes of duping people into thinking its a wonderful thing. They will say whatever they think you want to hear in order to get their goal of gun registration passed...

and appears to be working on lots of people. I swear...people in this country are so dumb that if we still have private ownership of guns in this country at the rate we are going, in 20 years, it will only be by a miracle of God.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
I voted - #2002. We are @ 16%.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
I think its a good thing a deal we should support. I think background checks should be done on internet saleas and gun show sales. I also like the bills provision making it a felony to try to make a gun registry or to share cwp names with anyone.

It's vague aspects that could be circumvented and twisted beyond all recognition in practice, the overreach that's all too likely (guaranteed, IMO). The mere fact Reid is pushing to add a full-bore, so-called "assault" weapons ban and magazine capacity limits as amendments. The reality of what universally checking on all people in all transactions will mean, down the road, for the government being into our business. Sure, there are a few tasty teasers tossed in, in the hopes it'll break down enough resistance to get passed. But it's not good for liberty, and it's a solid step along the path to tyranny. Beyond which, it's unconstitutional.

"Bad" bill? The term "bad" hardly covers it.

·
Registered
621 Posts
It's not going to get much better than 84 / 16 It's the Washington Post.
If it was the Times, you'd get the opposite.
The biggest problem with polls (beyond the skewed wording) is the audience targeted with the poll always seems to be biased already.
These polls are generated not to inform, but to reinforce an already decided opinion.

BTW rights should not be dictated by the whims of a majority. The Rule of Law should protect both the minority and the majority and both from either.

Reactions: ccw9mm

·
Registered
1,352 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
There are currently 2514 people viewing this site. If everyone of them hit this poll and voted no we could roll it over.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts