Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in hearing from other forum members if you've ever had a CC dream or a dream involving a firearm failure. I've had several dreams where either the trigger will not function or there is a very long pull on the trigger followed by no discharge.

(And no wise-cracks!:image035:)

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Most of my dreams invovling guns deal with my wife or other family/friends being in danger and needing help, or a sittuation presents itself, and I am without my gun and end up being unable to protect them.

I think it might be because I work and park on a Navy base and am not allowed to carry at or to/from work, and am therefore unarmed a vast majority of the time. I think they represent my fear of being unprepared because of that.

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
For me, it's been the opposite:

Before I got my CWP three years ago, I used to have a re-ocurring dream that I would get mugged and did a poor job of defending myself & those with me (my punches were weak, etc).

The dream has stopped since I've started carrying :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The only firearms related dream I can remember is one in which I had an ND at home.

I woke up right away, in that funny half state of being aware, wondering when the police are going to show up, what kind of trouble I'm in, and where is the hole in the wall? ... And then slow realization that it was just a dream.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
only dream ive ever had regarding a self defense issue was my brother and i with our wives out and a carlowd of guys start to get out of a car and move toward us....my brother looks at me inquisitively and i shake my head "no"...i am not carrying...i look for objects to protect myself and am rather confident in the dream...unfortunately...or fortunately...it ends before we engage...

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I dream about buying firearms, a lot:image035:

·
Registered
688 Posts
Last week I had one of those

I think it was a flash back before I got rid of my Taurus p -22

I had two of those do the no fire thing

With out any dreams involved

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
I wish I could post my 'dream firearm' collection, but the server couldn't handle it.:nono::bier::danceban:

·
Registered
40,080 Posts
My firearm dreams are always some WWII scenario with M-1s.

·
Registered
258 Posts
When I was starting to get used to my CC I practiced on snap caps as my chambered round because I was scared that I might dream of using that gun and shooting my husband. With a snap cap. I was confident that I will not dream of having to use it. That night I dreamt of having to protect my husband from a BG and of course the snap cap did not fire and I have to rack my gun. I didn't know what happened next but since then I always carry a chambered round and I never have that sort of dream again.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Just last night I was dreaming about an empty 9mm magazine. No particular scenario or threat present....just kept seeing the empty mag and thinking I needed to go get the two full one's in the closet.

·
Registered
86 Posts
last time i had a firearm dream it was about someone breaking into the house with the family here. as i was laying in bed i could hear screaming but for some reason could not get out of bed as if i was tied down then i heard gun shots and the screaming stopped. about this time i woke up and first thing i did was grabbed my pistol and drew it from the holster (yes i keep a pistol under my pillow flame me later for it if you'd like but this is my preference) about that time dad walks in to check on me and ive got the pistol pointed right at the door (and no my finger wasn't on the trigger lol) needless to say dad freaked out. lol

·
Registered
687 Posts
In most all of my dreams my gun either won't work or it is just ridiculously innaccurate.

My most recent one was I was at church and there was an active shooter. I was behind her and I drew my CCW.

It turned out to be a WALTHER P22!
I rememer thinking in my dream "WHY AM I CARRYING THIS?!"

I took aim and tried to shoot. The DA Pull lasted FOREVER and it was so heavy and when it finaly broke the .22 bullet left the barrel at the speed of an airsoft pellet and bounced of the BG. Then she shot me and I woke up.

-------------

In another dream I was battling against a group of 10 very well armed men and all I had was a 1911 with 8 rounds and no extra mags.

I don't remember what happened but it probably was not good.

--------------

My girlfriend had a dream where our apartment got broken into. She grabbed my AR-15 and went to investigate. When the BG came around the corner she pulled the trigger and heard "CLICK" she forgot to load it. (there's one in the chamber in real life).

So she hit him over the head with it and he either ran away or got knocked out I don't remember. But she said she bent the barrel of my AR-15.

Then she said when I got home she thought I was going to be proud of her for fighting off the burglar but instead I yelled at her for damaging my ARs barrel.

So I'm guessing she had the dream because our apartment had been broken into.
I don't know why I got mad in the dream. Maybe subconsiouly she thinks I love my guns more than I love her.

I love her more of course........ or do I? lol

·
Registered
287 Posts
Most dreams for me involve no ammo...and I have cases around the house,barn,greenhouses and sheds.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Um... I think I have you guys beat on caliber alone:

The wife swears that from 1998 - 2001 she would be periodically awakened in the middle of the night by me issuing her Table VIII firing commands for the M1A1 Abrams Main Battle Tank from my side of the bed (TC position).

I plead the 5th.:redface:

Edit: it always went Boom in my dreams :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
I had one within the last month that seemed very realistic. It was a weird scenerio too. Nothing from my real life.

My 7 year old son and I were out hunting and stopped along a roadside that bordered a tree line. We were both outside the truck when from the trees came a bear trotting towards us. I told my son to get inside the truck and I grabbed a single shot break action 12ga from inside the cab. I remember thinking that I had time to either see if it was loaded or take one well aimed shot.

I decided to go for the shot. I leveled it across the bed and as I did the bear broke into a full sprint. I pulled the trigger and...of course...CLICK. I had just enough time to get in the truck and close the door before it reached the cab. After that I woke up. It bothered me all day because of how realistic it seemed.

The weird things are the I don't currently hunt, even though I have in my past, I don't have a truck or a single shot 12ga and I live in a place with almost no trees and certainly no bears. So I don't know where this dream came from, but that was it. Make of it what you will.

Oh yeah, and I know (when I am awake) that a 12ga is no bear stopper. :gah:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Um... I think I have you guys beat on caliber alone:

The wife swears that from 1998 - 2001 she would be periodically awakened in the middle of the night by me issuing her Table VIII firing commands for the M1A1 Abrams Main Battle Tank from my side of the bed (TC position).
:congrats: from a fellow DAT

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Yes. It's always the same scary dream. My family and I are attacked with lethal force, I shoot, hit 2 COM and 1 to the head, and then the gun jams, and the BG keeps coming...totally impervious to the gunshot wounds, like some crazed zombie.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I haven't had one recently but I remember one dream that was pretty scary. I was on an ocean cliff and this giant guy was chasing me intending to kill me. I pulled out a gun and tried to shoot him but the gun's trigger was gummed up with this green goo stuff and wouldn't function. I ended up being thrown off the cliff and I woke up a millisecond before I would have hit the water face first...

1 - 20 of 68 Posts