Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I paid a heap of money for this gun. It’s my legacy gun. Got the initials R.E.D. on the right side of the slide near the hammer. My personal initials are J.A.K. So RED means something else. Like:
Remember
Everyone
Deployed

OR

Replace
Every
Democrat

OR (my favorite)

Retired
Extremely
Dangerous

Anyway, first time out it failed to feed on the very first attempt to load. Sent it back to Wilson. Came back last week and I took it to a friends property outside of town and ran it as well as some other guns, including another one I’d sent back for identical problems as the Wilson. This was a Springfield Armory TRP Operator 1911 in 10mm. I also brought a Sig P227 and my new HK45. It was a solid 45 kind of day with a dash of 10mm thrown in for diversity. Everything ran sweet and smooth.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
That carry comp is nice. (y)
Really
Exciting
Discharge

Respect
Extra
Diameter

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Great looking set of pistols! Glad to hear Wilson and Springfield took care of the problems. How long did it take them to fix the problems and get the pistols back to you?

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That carry comp is nice. (y)
Really
Exciting
Discharge

Respect
Extra
Diameter
A dirty mind would take those another way. But, of course there’s none of those around here. Least of all among the retirees.

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
iCloud
Here’s the Wilson Carry Comp running some pretty hot defensive loads. I specified that I wanted an aluminum frame. Lightweight, easier to carry. The comp performed well.

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts