Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yay! I bought a stripped lower after watching some TFB TV videos about them, and then of course I couldn't resist buying the rest of the rifle :biggrin2::22a: One pmag and a used matech brings me up to $560, which isn't bad!

IMG_2321.jpg IMG_2325.jpg IMG_2328.jpg IMG_2333.jpg

I've never owned a centerfire rifle before, so, this is cool!! The only tool I needed to borrow from my roomate was a hex skrewdriver for the grip. I used my papoose barrel wrench to tighten the castle nut - it's exactly the right shape, no scratches, good and tight. No peen hammer (I know, yeah, it's like $10 bucks, compared to a $560 rifle) but improvising is fun, and I discovered a vicegrip has a nice flat surface and works just like a peen hammer (vicegrips are heavy!) so, yay saving $10 and still getting the job done right, with a little patience.

Had a ton of fun learning how these things go together, a lot of this is pretty cleverly designed. I'm still baffled by how the bolt rotates and locks :confused:. The trigger feels fine to my untrained finger, and all the palmetto parts feel good (I went mid-length, stainless, mid-length chrome was out of stock)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Nice.

Ha ha, we have the same BUIS! Here's my Palmetto 16" premium mid-length chrome build with all the 'extras' added for the photo shoot...

fr_373_size640.jpg

The locking lugs of the bolt will not rotate when pressure from ignition alone is applied. Only when the bullet passes the gas port in the barrel, does the body of the bolt carrier move backwards from the pressure behind the bullet before it leaves the barrel. The cam pin rotates the bolt in the carrier and frees it from the chamber lugs.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
As the bolt travels forward into the breech the bolt lugs enter the star chamber and stops. The bolt carrier continues forward and rides against the bolt cam which rotates the bolt and locks it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice.

Ha ha, we have the same BUIS! Here's my Palmetto 16" premium mid-length chrome build with all the 'extras' added for the photo shoot...

View attachment 152377
Sweet!

The locking lugs of the bolt will not rotate when pressure from ignition alone is applied. Only when the bullet passes the gas port in the barrel, does the body of the bolt carrier move backwards from the pressure behind the bullet before it leaves the barrel. The cam pin rotates the bolt in the carrier and frees it from the chamber lugs.
Nice - gotcha. So that's how it opens,

As the bolt travels forward into the breech the bolt lugs enter the star chamber and stops. The bolt carrier continues forward and rides against the bolt cam which rotates the bolt and locks it.
..and how it closes. Cool, thanks!

·
Registered
290 Posts
My first red dot was a Primary arms 30mm classic on an Aero Precision mount. It was very nice for <25yd shots. My eyes suck, so I recently installed the 1-4x scope. The red dot will go nice on my 10/22 I think...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts